News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 12, 2022, 04:02:08 AMA stunning performance of Beethoven's Waldstein sonata by Su Yeon Kim. Her recording is on my list of purchases.

how can someone process that in their head?

its like juggling twenty balls and seven pins at once.

i cannot understand this ability.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Anne D.

I'm forever listening to this:

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

The Magic Pudding.

Always disliked Morrissey, or the sounds he makes at least.
Some speak against dislike.
I don't think passionate like is possible without passionate dislike, for me.
I watch that Morrisey tube and I can't muster much antipathy
Have I entered the bland years?

hermes2015

Andy Bell singing Hideaway with lyrics that resonate with me more than, I'm guessing, most of you guys.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Anne D.

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 16, 2022, 04:56:15 AMAndy Bell singing Hideaway with lyrics that resonate with me more than, I'm guessing, most of you guys.

Glad there's slightly less reason to be afraid these days.

Anne D.

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on December 15, 2022, 01:19:03 PMI watch that Morrisey tube and I can't muster much antipathy
Have I entered the bland years?

The bland years are quite nice. Go ahead, scooch over from "not much antipathy" to apathy.

billy rubin

a classic of the 21st century. i watched an interview with this guy. i dont know who he is, but his persona was self effacing and well aware of the ephemerality of popular fame. even the official video refuses to take fame seriously. a class act.

[ASMO: Fixed tagless link, but video seems unavailable]

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on December 18, 2022, 07:22:54 PMa classic of the 21st century. i watched an interview with this guy. i dont know who he is, but his persona was self effacing and well aware of the ephemerality of popular fame. even the official video refuses to take fame seriously. a class act.

2ahUKEwjM6-

I would like to watch that, but your link isn't a YouTube link.
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Nocturnes by Claude Debussy. Vladimir Ashkenazy conducts the Cleveland Orchestra.

― Charles Eames

billy rubin

hermes2015

Thanks for that. I liked the horses.
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.