News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

This is how one usually hears it, with cellos and orchestra.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Yes, The Asmo listens to Melanie C. Spice Girls or no, she's good. Come at Him, bro!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

One for PB.
No, not ABBA, her name is Debbii Dawson. :tellmemore:

billy rubin

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 09, 2022, 06:29:22 AMNatalie Dessay sings the Bachianas Brasileiras No. 5 composed by Heitor Villa-Lobos.

my sister in law was a soprano and would sing like this in the car warming up on the way to performances

and vibrate the windows

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

i love this guy

he's abstract, like mozart, but he's not so  . . . intense, maybe?

mozart always sounds to me like he's chainsmoking while he plays, and this guy is more of a sit-down-and-enjoy-this sound.

maybe not. i feel pretty pretentious trying to categorize this stuff. but i'm rebuilding 50-year-old carburetters today, and vivaldi suits it better than mozart.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Vivaldi is excellent music to listen to when one rebuilds carburettors.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

Just bought their greatest hits album and I'm now (trying to) listen to it
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

The Asmo is all electronic-ish this morning, what with them electrons getting ever-more precious.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hermes2015

I love watching rehearsals. In this case one of the great pianists, Martha Argerich, with conductor Charles Dutoit, rehearses the Ravel Piano Concerto in G major.

I forgot to mention that Charles is her ex husband.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Here she is playing the Shostakovich Piano Concerto No. 1, again without the aid of a score.

― Charles Eames

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

billy rubin

Tank

:rofl: I loved it when he squats and farts!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.