What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

damn.

im old, arent i?

i dont feel old, at 120 miles per hour.

perhaps its a passing thing.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Anne D.

^^^ Thanks, billy.  :D I needed that.  :)

Tom62

I've seen them live in 1986 (Parkpop, the Hague). They were awesome.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Icarus

Superstar lady...........John Williams not bad either

Anne D.

Gives Barbra a run for her money. Although I'm still partial to Barbra's version  :)

hermes2015

Brett and Eddie play the Guess the Piece in 1 Second game.

I love how much enjoyment they get from their love and knowledge of classical music.

Their passion is infectious.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

Some good old melodic stuff today.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

If those two young guys are playing fair, then they are much better than merely dammed good at recognition.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on July 27, 2022, 02:49:11 AMIf those two young guys are playing fair, then they are much better than merely dammed good at recognition.

Agreed, but from what I know of them, they wouldn't cheat.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

Asmodean

There is something almost Floydian about this music video. Hmm... I guess I know what I'm listening to next.

That said, a beautiful song. It's been on a majority of my playlists since release.

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

...Aaand as promised;

This song speaks to me on far more levels than what is healthy, although I do prefer the full version that goes "...nurse it or give it a name - Or stay home by the fire, felled by desire, stoking the flame - But we're here for the ride..."
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

Mood switch today - this from my dynamic driving playlist.

Tom is hit-or-miss with me, but when he combines his considerable ability for poetic storytelling with explosive energy, the dude is a freight train with no brakes. I like it.

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

Quote from: Asmodean on August 02, 2022, 12:13:48 PMMood switch today - this from my dynamic driving playlist.

Tom is hit-or-miss with me, but when he combines his considerable ability for poetic storytelling with explosive energy, the dude is a freight train with no brakes. I like it.

This is one of my favourite songs of him
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein