News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 05, 2022, 02:31:34 PM
The exciting Introducción from Manuel de Falla's El Sombrero de tres picos.

That woke me up! 8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

The other day on the "You Choose" thread over in the Laid Back Lounge the song "Southern Cross," came up in the discussion. Billy had posed a choice between Sailing or Power boating, and I chose Sailing, and referenced this song which I have always loved by Crosby, Stills and Nash.

Yesterday the sun was shining, the weather was warm so I went for a 5-6 walk in the afternoon. I had my headphones on and was listening to my Neil Young Pandora station, and right at the end of my walk this song came on and it was just perfect....song literally ended as I came to the front of my house with a huge smile on my face.

This song came out in 82' during my senior year in High School, and I immediately fell in love with it....and the video which came out featured video of Stills sailing on a large boat.

I actually got to see it the first time while I was in Central America, it was really low on the horizon, but later saw it better when I was in South America.

Anyway it's a beautiful song...

Anne D.

Sometimes it feels like it, but we're not spinning like Dorothy.

Biggus Dickus

:this:

I haven't heard that in a long time, thanks for posting. It's such a wonderful, live version...Jon and the audience were lucky to get to hear her perform this so beautifully.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

hermes2015

Thank you, that was interesting.

I see that all the previous videos are just black rectangles and give an error.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 01, 2022, 04:48:53 AMThank you, that was interesting.

I see that all the previous videos are just black rectangles and give an error.

The updated software has messed with previous YouTube links and I don't think I can repair them, but those posted from now on should work OK. If anybody wants to see videos featured in older posts, I think they will have to use the quote function to see the original video address, and then copy and paste it into their browser. Sorry about that.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Thank you for your tip to see previous videos, Recusant. I think we all understand the glitch is really not your fault.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

billy rubin

shit i listend more to the british chinese accents.

lol
during the second happy birthday orchestration on of the french horns is just looking down with his face in his hand. clearly the birthday is his

you brits, where are their accents from? it sounds sort of midlands?

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on May 03, 2022, 02:17:26 AMshit i listend more to the british chinese accents.

lol
during the second happy birthday orchestration on of the french horns is just looking down with his face in his hand. clearly the birthday is his

you brits, where are their accents from? it sounds sort of midlands?

No, they have an Australian accent. As far as British accents go, that is a fascinating topic.

― Charles Eames

billy rubin

is that what it is? i am no longer any good at souther hemisphere accents because i dont get to hear them. i used to be able to distinguish australia from new zealand from british south african. but now i cant even tell australian from welsh.

the british are like texas, as many accents as there are places to stop and listen. but with many more

Icarus

cannot top Hermes links. I enjoyed them all.  Here is a Finn doing his bit.

I have been impressed by the ability of so many of the Ukrainians, interviewed on TV, who speak good English. "good English" being a typical American assessment of correctness.

I once had a Taiwanese customer for the product that I manufactured.  We often spoke on the phone.  His English was impeccable by my American standards.  One time I asked him why so many Asian people speak English so well.  His reply was "English is the language of money."