News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Obama mentioned us!

Started by Wraitchel, January 20, 2009, 06:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith2004

:beer:

One of my favorite parts of his speech
[size=150] Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. - Anonymous[/size]

VanReal

Poor "W" I get tired of hearing him get slammed and disrespected all of the time.  Sure he's an easy target but he had a horrendous presidency, not all of which was brought on my himself.  It was Clinton who ran through our surplus and headed us into the first part of the recession and of course he'd been in office how long before September 11th? And the natural disasters were his fault? And he was the only one saying the were WMD?  And there was no vote on going to the middle east?  Give the poor guy a break.  Obama has a lot of work to do, and he will have to deal with what comes along in his presidency, and deal with what was left from the previous, like W did with Clinton, some will be his doing and hopefully it will run more smoothly but I think the Bush hating is rude and immature.
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Recusant

QuoteIt was Clinton who ran through our surplus...

Wha??  I refer you to this page,which clearly says that when Clinton left office the country had the largest budget surplus in the history of the US.  
As for Katrina, no one is blaming Bush for that, but rather for the way in which it was handled.

It was not the Congress that chose to go to war with Iraq, they merely meekly rubber-stamped what was unquestionably the Bush administration's choice.

I don't like any politicians, but Ex-President Bush (what a pleasure to be able to say that!) was really bad for this country, and deserves to be called on it.  He has earned the opprobrium, sympathize with him if you will.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Will

Quote from: "VanReal"and of course he'd been in office how long before September 11th?
9/11 could have been prevented had we elected someone capable of doing his homework:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/10/august6.memo/
Quote from: "VanReal"And the natural disasters were his fault?
http://thinkprogress.org/katrina-timeline/

Breaks are earned. Bush seems to have used all of his.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Recusant

Quote from: "Willravel"9/11 could have been prevented had we elected someone capable of doing his homework.

I cannot help but say that I think Al Gore, whatever faults he has, and of course there are many, is quite capable of doing his homework.  "We" did not elect Bush the first time, he was essentially appointed by the Supreme Court! (An ancient smelly old can of worms, I know, but I ain't fergettin'.)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Will

Quote from: "Recusant"I cannot help but say that I think Al Gore, whatever faults he has, and of course there are many, is quite capable of doing his homework.
He'd certainly do well enough in environmental science, management, and policy courses. And I've just forgotten the thread topic..
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

VanReal

Quote from: "Recusant"
QuoteIt was Clinton who ran through our surplus...

Wha??  I refer you to this page,which clearly says that when Clinton left office the country had the largest budget surplus in the history of the US.  
As for Katrina, no one is blaming Bush for that, but rather for the way in which it was handled.

It was not the Congress that chose to go to war with Iraq, they merely meekly rubber-stamped what was unquestionably the Bush administration's choice.

I don't like any politicians, but Ex-President Bush (what a pleasure to be able to say that!) was really bad for this country, and deserves to be called on it.  He has earned the opprobrium, sympathize with him if you will.

Actually there was a surplus (the first in a Long time) while Clinton was in office, but it was gone by the time Bush took office and the 4th quarter of Clinton's presidency was the beginning of that recession, so financially we were backsliding before Bush took office.  (He certainly didn't spend any of it helping in Rwanda, he's a jerk-off, can't stand him.) We actually studied the federal budget in detail when I was working on my Masters, I'm sure I still have my archives but it's been some time. I'm certainly not saying there was not mishandling of funds while Bush was in office, not at all, that would be a idiodic position to take.  I'm not a fan of either of them, I just don't think it appropriate to blanketly bash anyone when we have no idea of what wa really going on throughout the duration of those 8 years.  Maybe we'll be better informed and more knowledgeable with Obama since he wants to put more information out for piblic view, we'll still only get a glimpse though.

As for Katrina, I'll try to keep my mouth shut about most of that because my thoughts on that entire ordeal seem to be very unfavorable to most people.  However, I don't agree that the handling of that should be placed on the people making the immediate decisions, and I am not only speaking of the federal government.  We have a LOT of the New Orleans population living here in Dallas, and tons of them decided to stay here......that whole thing irritates me so I am going to stop.
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Loffler

Wow, I was unsure about Obama but that made me feel really good about him.