News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Babies are Innocent!

Started by Faithless, February 05, 2009, 02:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwyn428

Ok, that picture of a baby in a microwave isn't funny. Some evil and twisted woman actually did that and her child was burned!!  :mad:

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "gwyn428"Ok, that picture of a baby in a microwave isn't funny. Some evil and twisted woman actually did that and her child was burned!!  ;) )
-Curio

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Miss Anthrope"That's the funniest picture I've seen in a while. And the direction the discussion has taken in the last few posts of a thread called "Babies are Innocent!" is funny, too. It should be changed to "Babies are Succulent!"

It's interesting how humour varies ... as a parent I found it quite offensive. Yet still I believe it is my responsibility to guarantee the rights of the people who make these things to be dicks  :devil:

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

VanReal

So many of you said "babies are innocent".  Interesting.  So, in light of that opinion you take the nurture stance in the nature vs nurture argument.
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Kylyssa

Quote from: "VanReal"So many of you said "babies are innocent".  Interesting.  So, in light of that opinion you take the nurture stance in the nature vs nurture argument.

I lean more towards nurture but IMO both play a part.  Babies don't have enough brain power yet to be anything other than innocent, or without conscious harmful intent.  I'm sure a lot is hardwired but moral judgments can't really be applied to instinctual behaviors.

VanReal

Quote from: "Kylyssa"
Quote from: "VanReal"So many of you said "babies are innocent".  Interesting.  So, in light of that opinion you take the nurture stance in the nature vs nurture argument.

I lean more towards nurture but IMO both play a part.  Babies don't have enough brain power yet to be anything other than innocent, or without conscious harmful intent.  I'm sure a lot is hardwired but moral judgments can't really be applied to instinctual behaviors.

I agree, and can even say I have much different moral values now than I did even in my teens and 20s, but a lot of my thinking hasn't changed, kind of part of the brain I suppose.  I just couldn't comment on the whole "babies must be baptized bit" because it really is ridiculous, and I see it as more of a way to maintain control over the parents...don't want them straying from the church when this new life and responsibilty starts.  My grandma mentions this to me every now and again because my son isn't baptized of course, and I just say "well he seems to be doing okay".  Sometimes it's easier to just brush it off, this kind of thought is hard to argue because it's just not based in common sense.
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Sean Q

This guy is obviously a terrible sinner. Oh, the shame of being born. He kicked a lot in the womb, too. I don't think Hell could hold him.
"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman

Kylyssa

I think that estrogen spike just ruined a few dozen brain cells.  Damn you, ovaries!