News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Evidence 2 - Why (Non intelligent) Evolution is impossible?

Started by Messenger, December 21, 2008, 11:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

hmm...let me try to explain this; maybe someones way of explaining will make sense to Messenger.

Our examples starts out with a Population of flies we'll call type A.

Let's say that three baby flies are born fly type A, B, and C.

Fly type A was born with characteristics which neither helped nor hindered his survival.  So, we'll name him A-Neutral.

Fly type B was very lucky, he was born with a mutation which caused his wings to be purple.  Purple wings are viewed as very attractive to his species so he will be able to successfully have fly sex and spead his purple genes at a greater rate than normal flies.  So, we'll name him B-positive.

Fly type C was not so lucky, he was born with a mutation which caused his wings to be brown.  Brown wings are viewed as very unattractive to his species so he will not be successful in having fly sex and his brown wing genes won't spread.  So, we'll name him C-negative.

Fly A-neutral, B-positive, and C-negative mature to reproductive ages.  Fly B-positive is very popular with the fly ladies and is able to father many children.  Fly A-neutral has a satisfactory relationship with the ladies and is able to father a typical amount of fly children.  Fly C-negative dies as a bachelor because the fly ladies thought he was horribly ugly.    In other words, Fly B-positive greatly extended the amount of B-positive gense in the gene pool while A=neutral just passed on his gense to those who B-positive turned down, and Fly C-negative died without passing any of his genes into the gene pool.

Let's take a look at the population now:  Instead of having a population of flies called type A we now have a population of flies called type AB.  Type C is a thing of the past.

Let's fast forward even further ahead?  What do you know, those crazy flies now have a ton more type Bs than they do As...in fact, there are so many Type Bs that it would be more proper to refer to the group as Type B flies.

Through sexual selection we see a group of flies go from one type to another.

That's how it works for all things, only just add more layers: environment, predators, food, etc.  Mutations happen all the time and usually they are neutral; it's the positive mutations which manage to take hold and spread (relatively) quickly while the negative mutations cause the creature to no be able to spread their genes.

The process of evolution is complex when looked at as a whole, but like the formation of a snowflake, is very simple once you break it down.

Messenger

Quote from: "laetusatheos"hmm...let me try to explain this; maybe someones way of explaining will make sense to Messenger.
The process of evolution is complex when looked at as a whole, but like the formation of a snowflake, is very simple once you break it down.
yes, it is simple, but only if you ignore facts of non existing of unintelligent design
I.e. It must be intelligent

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Messenger"
Quote from: "laetusatheos"hmm...let me try to explain this; maybe someones way of explaining will make sense to Messenger.
yes, it is simple, but only if you ignore facts of non existing of unintelligent design
I.e. It must be intelligent

NO ... it only has to be intelligent if you're an idiot ... but then you are!

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Messenger

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"it only has to be intelligent if you're an idiot ... but then you are!
Very strange
I always thought that idiots don't ask for intelligence  :D

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Messenger"
Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"it only has to be intelligent if you're an idiot ... but then you are!
Very strange
I always thought that idiots don't ask for intelligence  :D

Sigh! Messenger, "wingnut" doesn't come close in describing you so again I am willing to incur moderator wrath to say this ... ... you are a complete and utter fuckwit!

Logic is a useful reasoning tool, it can lead to the discovery of many things but logic alone will NEVER prove anything and it is only philosophers with more brains than sense and those with a religious agenda who misuse logic in the way that you do.

Evolution is not only possible, it is our current best understanding of how the diversity of life we observe around us came to be and NOT ONE of your pathetic logical, philosophical, metaphysical abortion will make a difference to that fact. Reasoning people DO NOT use logic in this way and you're a prat to think you can.

Kyu

Squid

Veiled insults won't get a discussion anywhere.  And neither will simply repeating the same thing over and over.  Messenger, you will not receive what you ask because what you ask for is based upon an incorrect idea of what evolution is and how it works.  Because of that, this discussion will never get anywhere - each side is working upon a very different premise of evolution.  I suggest you go and seek out a basic evolutionary biology text or the like, review it and understand where something went wrong.  Otherwise none of these discussions will get anywhere and only serve to frustrate everyone involved.

Remember that discussions are a two way street and not simply repeating your claims over and over and simply glancing over any contradictory evidence and then just saying that no one understands.

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Squid"Veiled insults won't get a discussion anywhere.

Hey!!!!

There was nothing veiled about my insults  :crazy:

Kyu

Squid

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"
Quote from: "Squid"Veiled insults won't get a discussion anywhere.

Hey!!!!

There was nothing veiled about my insults  :crazy:

Kyu

Actually, it was based on the post I read by messenger above.  I opted out of discussions with him because I found myself starting to get frustrated and losing my cool so I had to step back.  I also realized that he wasn't comprehending what anyone was telling him and just repeated the same things over and over and any further discussion would have been a waste of time.

Whitney

To make sure you are aware, messenger had a date with the bouncers.