News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

My Windows 7 BETA Review

Started by Nazzer, January 15, 2009, 07:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"Do less? HA. Don't think so. Much less program support than windows? That's odd... New Macs can operate windows, as well as OSX. Can windows computers run OSX? I think not.

That's a dodge and you know it! Linux can run Windows stuff too and Windows can run Linux stuff ... before too long someone will likely come up with a way of running Mac programs on windows.

Mac's are good computers, so are Linux ones but there can be no doubt that the vast majority of programs are written for Windows so, and just so we get it straight I am talking NATIVELY, Godless was absolutely correct when he said, "Macs are more expensive and do less. They have much less program support than Windows, less options for more advanced computer users, and it's harder to customize the hardware if you can at all".

But, as I say above, none of that takes away the fact that Mac's are good computers (the interface is awesome at least aesthetically) and how cool is it to have the underlying OS called "Darwin"?

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"But, as I say above, none of that takes away the fact that Mac's are good computers (the interface is awesome at least aesthetically) and how cool is it to have the underlying OS called "Darwin"?

Kyu

Now, having the underlying OS called "Darwin" being cool is something we can all agree on. I've looked into the rest of the arguments a bit further, and hey, I've learned something. And that something is, maybe I am a bit too much of a Mac "fanboy". But I love 'em, and won't go back.  :lol:
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"I've looked into the rest of the arguments a bit further, and hey, I've learned something. And that something is, maybe I am a bit too much of a Mac "fanboy". But I love 'em, and won't go back.

That's entirely fair, we all have our biases, that's yours, mine is Windows but being able to step out from our biases and consider other points of view is important and you have done that ... hopefully so have I.

If you're into computers you should try VMWare's ESXi ... it's free and similar to their professional ESX product and allows you to virtualise machines so you can play with other OS's. Currently I'm just mucking about with it but my intention is to migrate my Windows 2003 domain server to it and sell the older one and then I will have a 100% virtual network (well apart from clients and ESX host). It's very interesting stuff.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]