News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What does it mean to live the good life?

Started by Doubting Thomas29, December 23, 2008, 03:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mDarkPoet

I think that to live a "good life" means to live one with a decent balance of the positive and the negative.

Wechtlein Uns

"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

Doubting Thomas29

Okay I got a really good quote!

This is from Clarence Budington Kelland (1881 - 1964) an author of fiction.

"I believe I have discovered the one great, moving, compelling force which makes every man what he becomes in the end.

This, I believe, is the greatest force in the universe.  I believe all other causes are secondary to it.  It is so powerful that the slightest human effort cannot be put forth until it has done its work; and if it should suddenly be annihlated from the world, all activity would come to a stand still, and humanity would become a mass of automatons moving about in meaningless circles.

This force is not love; it is not religion; it is not virtue; it is not ambition - for none of these could exist an hour without it.... It is imagination."

I believe imagination is greater than money as being a tool to happiness and living the good life, dream it then be it!

Wechtlein Uns

Doubting thomas, I've half a mind to think you're definition and annaM's definition match up pretty well. Just from different sides.  :lol:
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

thirteen31

Quote from: "mDarkPoet"I think that to live a "good life" means to live one with a decent balance of the positive and the negative.
I agree, harmony, peace and balance.