News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Parting gifts for President Bush

Started by Wraitchel, December 27, 2008, 05:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisK

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"Here's how I see it.
Bush is a scumbag. Clinton was a scumbag. Obama will be a scumbag.

They're all politicians. Unless we could get a non-politician into the presidency, it's always going to be that way. They don't care about you or me or the rest of the world. They care about them. End of subject.

And I'm not saying McCain would've been a good president, but Obama being elected has me worried. He was not elected on his merits, in my opinion, he was elected because of W. Bush put such a brown-stain on the whitey-tightees of the republican party that no one wanted a republican in the office. I guess I should just be grateful that Hillary didn't get elected. If I even had the slightest hope that there's a god, I'd be thanking him/her for that one right now.

It's too bad that we have such a pathetic 2 party system here. It's the reason we can get these scumbags into the most powerful office in the world in the first place, and unfortunately, it just may be the downfall of this nation.
I agree with your views of politicians.  Those who get into politics to help others are quickly weeded out or converted to the dark side.  In order to advance in the political arena you have to sell at least part of your soul.  Once you do that, you can never gain back whatever integrity you might have possessed.

In my eyes, a positive for Obama is that he hasn't been in Washington long.  Although the same was said for "W", however, Obama's daddy didn't buy his grades in the Ivy League.

In regards to McCain, he lost me when he pandered to the Republican base and eating Jr's ass.  I realize it was his only choice for election, but it sickened me.  The best thing going for him prior to ass-lickin' was that he pissed off the right wingers so much.  He did seem to vote with his conscience more than most.
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality." -Halton Arp