News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Why not Santa?

Started by nikkixsugar, December 07, 2008, 10:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikkixsugar

Why do Christians believe in god but not Santa? Just like the kids in 1st grade who say "There IS a Santa! I saw him! I really did!" The Xtians say "There is a god! He came to me in a dream! Prayer! OMG!" This brings up a less holiday-related question. Why Jesus? Why not Shiva or Thor, etc.

Hate to tell you but.....

[spoiler:2ijve5cf]there is no god.[/spoiler:2ijve5cf]
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wechtlein Uns

Aw, give em a break, nikki. They really do believe in god, so ridiculing them like this is just gonna piss them off. Personally, I'm fine with whatever they want to believe, so long as they don't ridicule my beliefs or treat me like I'm less than human.
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

BadPoison

Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"...as they don't ridicule my beliefs or treat me like I'm less than human.

Rationalists are less than human. We came from monkeys remember?!

Sophus

Quote from: "BadPoison"
Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"...as they don't ridicule my beliefs or treat me like I'm less than human.

Rationalists are less than human. We came from monkeys remember?!
Oooohhhh..... I hate that misconception of evolution.  :crazy:
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Wechtlein Uns

Rationalist? Me? I'll have you know that I evolved from an infinitely dense boson particle, fused with... let's go with chocolate. yeah. chocolate is good. :D
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

nikkixsugar

Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"Rationalist? Me? I'll have you know that I evolved from an infinitely dense boson particle, fused with... let's go with chocolate. yeah. chocolate is good. :lol:

BTW, what does Weichtlein Uns mean in German?
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.