News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Contridictions in the Bible

Started by perspective, December 12, 2008, 07:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanker

Quote from: "Psalm23"
Quote from: "perspective"Please point out anything you might think is a contridiction in the Bible, and I will do my best to explain it.
The only time there is an error or contradiction in the bible is when an atheist opens it.

it's funny.. the POPE or the millions of high priests don't see these contradictions? LOL.  :pop:

I bet you $500.00 if you visit an atheist based website.. they will show you an error in the bible... and they won't reveal the correct answer.

Remember, any time there is something in question.. there's always an answer.. but atheists are too afraid of the truth.

pure and simple..

I seem to remember a famous astronomer in the 1640s who had the sheer gall and audacity to go against the pope, the church, and the bible and claim that the Earth revolved around the Sun and not the other way around (he wasen't the first either just the most famous). His name was Galielo and he was tried by a inquisitional inquest and found guilty of heresy. The funny thing was he was right and the church faced with undieniable evidence eventually recanted. Kinda reminds me of an earlier church position that the Earth is flat. For some reason Christians won't admit a scientific factif it goes against the bible untill you bury them in evidence. It seems like if there is even a tiny hint of a crack they will hide behind it, rather the just following Occam's razer.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

PipeBox

Quote from: "Psalm23"Bible trivia:

God said; "Let's create man in our image".

who was he talking to?
I always assumed he was talking to the animals created before us, seeing as how he was already commanding the Earth to bring forth life.  But I was a "theistic evolutionist" back then, so tell me what you think it meant.  I took it to mean that the highest goal of life was to create man, and give man humble dominion over it.  Something of a masterwork of nature, in accordance to the divine will of God.  Please, point out why I was wrong, if you believe otherwise.   :P
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar