News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Trolling 101

Started by curiosityandthecat, December 12, 2008, 03:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

pinkocommie

Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Sophus

Curio's back?!?!?!
  :bananacolor:  :bananacolor:
Quote from: "Davin"
Quote from: "Sophus"Can someone kindly explain this joke to me?
It appears the first guy is explaining the that trolling is an art, while also attempting to get corrected by intentionally using "a" when "an" is proper, thus invoking a response from the other guy who corrected him. Then smiles as his point should have been clearly demonstrated, then the other dude realizes it.

At least that is my interpretation.
Ah, okay. That makes sense.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

PoopShoot

All hail Cancer Jesus!

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Whoaaa!!! Where'd you find that picture of me?!?

Ninteen45

Most people here are Grammar Nazi's or Spelling Nazi's.

Most people here are athiest.

Thus, all athiests are Nazi's.

FOX news was right again!
Now I can be re-gognizod!

Asmodean

Quote from: "Ninteen45"Most people here are Grammar Nazi's or Spelling Nazi's.
Nope. Just some with the loudest mouths are.

QuoteMost people here are athiest.
Most does not convert to all by itself  :pop:

QuoteFOX news was right again!
Too bad I can't has that channel... Sounds like tons of entertainment  :shake:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: "Ninteen45"Most people here are Grammar Nazi's or Spelling Nazi's.

Most people here are athiest.

FOX news was right again!

Nazis.  ;)
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

elliebean

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"
Quote from: "Ninteen45"Nazi's Nazi's Nazi's

Nazis.  roflol
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

periwinklefish

:)

Whitney

Quote from: "periwinklefish"Uh-oh, I think I might have trolled, once:)  I left a one time rant on a christian site about "end of times" b/c my son admitted to us recently that he stayed up crying at night for a year b/c of his religious friends telling him the world was going to end in 2012.    Is that troll bahavior?

Eh...that's more like a post and run.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Tank

Quote from: "periwinklefish"Uh-oh, I think I might have trolled, once:)  I left a one time rant on a christian site about "end of times" b/c my son admitted to us recently that he stayed up crying at night for a year b/c of his religious friends telling him the world was going to end in 2012.    Is that troll bahavior?
Oh yes! Without a doubt you are a mean bad little atheist  :headbang:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"The most basic way of spotting a troll is to just read the post. :lol: If it seems a bit too outlandish, it's a safe bet you've got a troll on your hands.
There's just no way around this.  I've been struggling with this since I joined this forum.

I'm a Troll.

Every idea I hold, in regard to belief in God (Abrahamic) is outlandish if we simply go by the majority vote on this forum.  Is this not setting up a straw man?

*sigh*  I suppose I'll have to live with it.

Hi, I'm AnimatedDirt.  I'm a Troll.
I do love this forum though.  So, from this troll to Whitney and Co.;  Thanks for this place.  :)

Recusant

Quote from: "AnimatedDirt"
Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"The most basic way of spotting a troll is to just read the post. :lol: If it seems a bit too outlandish, it's a safe bet you've got a troll on your hands.
There's just no way around this.  I've been struggling with this since I joined this forum.

I'm a Troll.

Every idea I hold, in regard to belief in God (Abrahamic) is outlandish if we simply go by the majority vote on this forum.  Is this not setting up a straw man?

*sigh*  I suppose I'll have to live with it.

Hi, I'm AnimatedDirt.  I'm a Troll.
I do love this forum though.  So, from this troll to Whitney and Co.;  Thanks for this place.  :)
Meh. You're going to have to try harder, man.  

Try reading the following from the OP, and really take it to heart:

Quote from: "Wikipedia"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
Trolls are basically annoying, childish users who have nothing productive or useful to add to the community, and disrupt because they have nothing better to do.
I don't know how to put it any more clearly; you've failed to fulfill any of these criteria. (Though your contributions to the thread about an atheist dealing with his Christian family at Christmas time showed some promise.)  If you want to skulk proudly in the troll world, you've got some serious work ahead of you.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: "Recusant"Try reading the following from the OP, and really take it to heart:

Quote from: "Wikipedia"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
Trolls are basically annoying, childish users who have nothing productive or useful to add to the community, and disrupt because they have nothing better to do.
I don't know how to put it any more clearly; you've failed to fulfill any of these criteria. (Though your contributions to the thread about an atheist dealing with his Christian family at Christmas time showed some promise.)  If you want to skulk proudly in the troll world, you've got some serious work ahead of you.
According to Wiki:
I have raised controversial points/ideas
I have inflammed some against me in regard to those points/beliefs/ideas
Most of my evidence IS irrelevant as far as the staunch Atheist is concerned.
Take for example this post.  What on earth could the Bible believer put up as proof or evidence other than these books of "historical" acts that would convince the skeptic?  These are historians and writers of the day.  Does every writer of today speak/mention about dark matter and it's evidence in their writings?  It's only the writers with concern/interest in dark matter that write about it.  In 2000 years (if we were to leave aside digital information and rely simply on physical books) how much would be found on the exact subject of dark matter?  I assume/acknowledge a lot more (on account that physicists today out-number writers/historians following the disciples around documenting their acts) than on Jesus and especially on the daily happenings of His few disciples.  Yet the skeptic wants PROOF.  One can only point at written pieces that mention this as evidence, otherwise there is no other evidence.  But the written text is thrown aside as hearsay.

I appreciate you saying I'll have to try harder...thank you.  That's encouraging.  But the fact of the matter is the concensus on this forum is that the basic way of spotting a troll = outlandish, therefore anyone of opposing belief is a troll...hence AD is a troll.

It's no skulk, it seems it is my only position given these facts.