Re: Atheistic Beer has arrived, hooray!

Started by bowmore, December 01, 2008, 04:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmore

Quote from: "Zarathustra"I think he ment the atheist beer Bowmore :D :beer:
"Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people."

House M.D.

DennisK

It sounds like a good niche marketing idea, however, I would much rather have an islamic beer.  Not a fundamentalist creation, though.
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality." -Halton Arp

oldschooldoc

Great idea! I believe we should have more atheist things. I say atheist instead of secular because the religious people have all kinds of things. I think it should start off slow with everyday things such as common sayings. For example:

Instead of saying "Oh my god!" at something amazing, turn to the person next to you and yell "Oh your god!"

Any other suggestions?

P.S. I love beer!
OldSchoolDoc

"I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill" - Neil Peart
"Imagine there's no Heaven, it's easy if you try..." - John Lennon

MariaEvri

Quote from: "oldschooldoc"Instead of saying "Oh my god!" at something amazing, turn to the person next to you and yell "Oh your god!"

P.S. I love beer!

I actually do that. I will say "oh your god!" and the peopke around me will think I'm just joking
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

oldschooldoc

Quote from: "MariaEvri"
Quote from: "oldschooldoc"Instead of saying "Oh my god!" at something amazing, turn to the person next to you and yell "Oh your god!"

P.S. I love beer!

I actually do that. I will say "oh your god!" and the peopke around me will think I'm just joking

Very nice. I have now also begun to say "Oh, really?" when somebody sneezes, instead of that damn bless you phrase. Does anybody have any suggestions for a better response? Preferably something funny..."Oh, really?"
OldSchoolDoc

"I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill" - Neil Peart
"Imagine there's no Heaven, it's easy if you try..." - John Lennon