News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Atheist Holiday Cards

Started by crocofish, December 02, 2008, 05:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crocofish

I just saw on the Colbert Report a story about a company that make Atheist Holiday Cards.  Some are pretty clever.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "crocofish"I just saw on the Colbert Report a story about a company that make Atheist Holiday Cards.  Some are pretty clever.

Problem is that these cards make a point and Christmas (for me) isn't about making points, it's about family, good will, good food, drink and fun. Not that I would go as far as going to church or watching religious programming  but I would go sing carols at a push. I guess I kinda just think it's a bit "killjoy" like those sill atheists who put up displays opposing nativity scenes and so on ... I mean, if you're gonna make a point, let's REALLY make it and have fire-breathing dragons sitting on the shattered remains of a crucifix, Star of David and whatever the Muslim symbol is (along with a few bloodied corpses of course), I'd be well up for THAT kind of display :devil:

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]