News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Hello Everyone!

Started by SpiralExit, August 30, 2006, 07:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiralExit

Hello people this is Onur from Turkey, no we don't travel by camels or bury the girls.. I'm 19 years old and I'm a musician, interpreter (english-turkish, soon it's greek-spanish-italian-french-german-english-turkish-latin) and photographer.I study in Ancient Greek Language & Literature in the college. I found this forum by cruising the links on forcarl's myspace profile, and thought I need people like you to talk.. I'm a materialist (philosophically) so nothing spiritual or moral has to do with me and I'm so happy with that, thanks God I'm a non-believer, hope to share a lot with you people..

Cheers!

Woody

Hello, SpiralExit.  Glad to see you here!

Big Mac

Wow. The saddest thing, you ask? Your English trumps probably 2/3's of the US residents. Pleasure to have you on board. Camel's are gross, but I know you won't take slight to that since you guys don't keep them as pets or whatever. Good to see we get other countrymen into our forum. Not that I'm knocking our British friends but it's good to see non-believers in countries that are predominately muslim.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

SpiralExit

yeah, that's right, and for that, i'm working as a terrorist against the terror.
and that feels good damn :D

oh and thanx for the welcome, i appreciate that.

McQ

Welcome SpiralExit!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tom62

Kutlama and hoÞ geldInIz!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

joeactor

Greetings SpiralExit!

Great user name - is there a story behind it?

Pleased to meet you.

Amazing number of languages.  I'm working on my second (not counting high school Spanish).  Definitely impressive.

Turkey is running neck and neck ( :roll: ) with the USofA on dis-belief of evolution.  You must be having many of the same issues as others of us on the forum...

Hope to have some invigorating discussions with you...

Take care,
  JoeActor

SpiralExit

yes i have the same issues, but it's really strong here, i mean, you would never let anyone know that you are an atheist or people gonna think you are going to kill their children..
tom thanx for the turkish welcome,
and the story behind my nick, there's nothing impressive.. just a song by Tool, Lateralus, it ends with "Spiral Out" probably meaning the death, and spiralout@ wasnt available in hotmail so i got spiralexit..
but don't think that i believe in life after death, what i believe is this:

when you die, you will be what you were before you were born, and i just dont say this, i know this, i embrace this, there are other things about this by the help of Marxism in my Myspace profile and if anyone wants to see, it's on that WWW button below my message..

thanx, i'll soon be joining every other topics but i'm too busy with registering to the college, preparing to move another city and start to live on my own, once i get everyting in line, i'll be as active as i can and answer/hush all those people comin to forum and advertising gods or whatever..

trust me i can do that :D

MommaSquid

Quote from: "SpiralExit"but don't think that i believe in life after death, what i believe is this:

when you die, you will be what you were before you were born...

I like that.  I've asked people (who say they're afraid to die) if they were afraid before they were born.  The two seem like similar states of non-being to me.  Eh, what do I know?

Welcome to the forum, SpiralExit.

ContraCostan

"...we don't travel by camels..."

Welcome Onur. I am new here myself. I am in California and for the record we do not all travel by surfboard :D
*"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail"
-Gustaf Lindborg

Whitney

Hey SpiralExit, welcome to the forum.

SpiralExit

Thanks MommaSquid
and ContraCostan, that would be something :)
and thanks a lot laetusatheos, damn, that wasted a little bit of my time to type that.. oh you got a myspace? i'm going to add you,

and people if you got myspace too, there''s a group i just created named Artheists which is about Atheist Artists, so please join.

Woody

Quote from: "Big Mac"...Good to see we get other countrymen into our forum. Not that I'm knocking our British friends but it's good to see non-believers in countries that are predominately muslim.

No offense taken here, Big Mac.  I agree with you entirely.  The funny thing is, if you were to visit the part of England where I live, you could be forgiven for thinking that you had arrived in a country which is predominantly Muslim!  Most of the towns in this area have large Pakistani Muslim populations which are expanding far more quickly than those of any other ethnic group.  I don't have any statistics to back this up, but I would hazard a guess that there are far more practising Muslims in this district than there are practising Christians.  The demographic makeup of this area has changed in my life time beyond what I could ever have anticipated.

SpiralExit

danger..

Big Mac

Eh? I'm worried about both groups. Practicing muslims tend to  draw more attention because they are more willing (these days) to accept ANYTHING told by a mullah. SOrry, SE, but I am more worried aobut Muslims than Christians.  Both groups lead to dangerous groupthink but Muslims take it to a whole new level.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?