Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Things to Do Instead of Going to Church

Started by curiosityandthecat, November 02, 2008, 07:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschooldoc

I would rather do this...

...than go to church.

This is my savior, Monkey Christ superstar.
OldSchoolDoc

"I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill" - Neil Peart
"Imagine there's no Heaven, it's easy if you try..." - John Lennon

nikkixsugar

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Let's try to think of all the interesting and productive things that are better than going to church. Describe it, post a picture, or even a video!

Here, I'll start.

Watch paint dry!

Okay, your turn.

Watch the grass grow, watch the wind blow, correct fundies' grammar on YouTube comments! etc.
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wechtlein Uns

I usually contemplate epistemological arguments and practice buddhist meditation. (though I don't necessary believe in any of that buddhist jazz. I do like the meditation though. :D)
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

Rastelin

Well

[attachment=0:uq0j4o6m]Dino.jpg[/attachment:uq0j4o6m]

Taking pictures of my pet. He sometimes get to stay in bed.
A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

karadan

Bang out some phat beats on my drum kit.

Prepare, cook, then eat a beef stew.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

nikkixsugar

Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"I usually contemplate epistemological arguments and practice buddhist meditation. (though I don't necessary believe in any of that buddhist jazz. I do like the meditation though. :D)

Me too. I used to be a Buddhist (buy that "Buddhist jazz"), actually. They have a good philosophy, and they make GREAT smelling incense!
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Chimera

I went to a movie this morning. It was fun.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

Wechtlein Uns

Quote from: "nikkixsugar"
Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"I usually contemplate epistemological arguments and practice buddhist meditation. (though I don't necessary believe in any of that buddhist jazz. I do like the meditation though. :D)

Me too. I used to be a Buddhist (buy that "Buddhist jazz"), actually. They have a good philosophy, and they make GREAT smelling incense!

Cool! What, if I may ask, made you change your mind? I know buddhism is a very atractive philosophy, though some of the branches can be a little... strange, if you know what I mean.

For me it was information theory. Yep. that's what made my say no to buddhism.
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

BadPoison

My friend asked me to play golf with him this Sunday morning - I responded "I don't play golf on Sundays." "Keeping the sabbath day holy?" he asked. "No, I'll be sleeping off a hangover from all the debauchery from Saturday night."
 :banna:  :beer:

Chimera

Quote from: "BadPoison"My friend asked me to play golf with him this Sunday morning - I responded "I don't play golf on Sundays." "Keeping the sabbath day holy?" he asked. "No, I'll be sleeping off a hangover from all the debauchery from Saturday night."
 :banna:  :beer:

Hahaha! I love it!
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

Rastelin

Realizing religion is on to us about our agenda to impose our satanic rule of reason and logic upon the world, I have decided to go all the way and paint “REASON WAS HERE” on the church wall while they are having mass next Sunday.

If I get arrested I will let you know. It is after all harmless and nothing a little paint can’t fix, or hide as it where

Ps! Not a militant atheist :devil:
A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Wechtlein Uns

Sophus

‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Asmodean

Quote from: "Sophus"Armadillo Huntin'.....

[img]  :eek:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Steve Reason

I've tried meditation as well. I kind of suck at it, but I'd liked to get into it more. Really, most of the music that I listen to is my meditation. What I'd really like to get into is yoga.
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/