News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

told my parents I'm an atheist

Started by quizlixx, September 02, 2008, 02:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moosader

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"

I watched my VHS copy for the first time last night and I still don't get it. D':
Make lunch, not war!

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Moosader"
Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"(Kane clapping)

I watched my VHS copy for the first time last night and I still don't get it. D':

I was just applauding quizlixx for telling his parents he's an atheist. That's all.  :lol:
-Curio

Asmodean

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"I was just applauding quizlixx for telling his parents he's an atheist. That's all.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Moosader

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Quote from: "Moosader"
Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"(Kane clapping)

I was just applauding quizlixx for telling his parents he's an atheist. That's all.  :lol:

Ah, I thought there was some hidden meaning.
Like he wasn't singing opera perfectly, so you were mad at how it made you look.
Make lunch, not war!

Chimera

I have wanted to tell my parents so much lately. My uncle came over a couple of weeks ago and asked me, in front of my parents, why I don't go to church anymore. I just said I didn't want to talk about it, but I wish I could have told them the truth. I'm just afraid of my dad pulling something like your mom did by saying he was a bad parent and failed God and didn't raise me right and all that. My dad's 60, he doesn't need stress like that.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

quizlixx

Quote from: "Chimera"I have wanted to tell my parents so much lately. My uncle came over a couple of weeks ago and asked me, in front of my parents, why I don't go to church anymore. I just said I didn't want to talk about it, but I wish I could have told them the truth. I'm just afraid of my dad pulling something like your mom did by saying he was a bad parent and failed God and didn't raise me right and all that. My dad's 60, he doesn't need stress like that.
i understand where your coming from, i didn't want to tell my grandprents because of heir age. But then i thought about how they have lived through so many things in their lives. i mean lets face it, most grandparents arent these old, sweet, innocent people that we need to protect from the outside world. most of them have already experienced some pretty rough stuff like vietnam, civil rights, and everything else that comes along with living as long as most of them have. so when you think that you shouldn't tell someone you love something that means alot to you because of them, your just hurting them. one last thing, to all closet atheists, after i  "came out", everyone said the same thing..."i wish you didn't keep this from me for so long."
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."