News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Greetings!

Started by Improbable, October 17, 2008, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Improbable

Greetings...I'm new here....I am certainly a happy atheist....my atheism has also been strengthened greatly by the book The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins...

I look forward to having a good time here...especially the debates:P
'Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.' - Richard Dawkins.
   'We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.' - Richard Dawkins.

rlrose328

Welcome, Improbable!  Glad to have you on board!  :)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Stoicheion

Welcome! Glad to have you here.
[size=85]So why does there only have to be one correct philosophy?
I don't wanna go and follow you just to end up like one of them
And why are you always telling me what you want me to believe?
I'd like to think that I can go my own way and meet you in the end
Go my own way and meet you in the end
"Same Direction" - Hoobastank
[/size]

Improbable

'Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.' - Richard Dawkins.
   'We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.' - Richard Dawkins.

Stoicheion

got two jobs so i don't' have much time for a personal life but I'm doing well. How about you?
[size=85]So why does there only have to be one correct philosophy?
I don't wanna go and follow you just to end up like one of them
And why are you always telling me what you want me to believe?
I'd like to think that I can go my own way and meet you in the end
Go my own way and meet you in the end
"Same Direction" - Hoobastank
[/size]

Improbable

I'm doing very well indeed thankyou...

The worst I've been called lately that perhaps had a chance of being valid was 'overly enthusiastic'.

How can you be, overly enthusiastic? Its either a good thing...just an extra positive amount of enthusiasm...or its a euphemism for something more negative.

Its like when George Carlin said: "MORE than happy..." - "HOW can you be, MORE than happy?" - "To me this sounds like a dangerous mental condition".

Lol.

Besides I'm not sure whether it was in fact a compliment -  or not - or indifferent.

MariaEvri

hello there welcome aboard
if you liked that book, there are many others nice and fun to read
just visit amazon and youll see
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

McQ

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Welcome to the forum, Improbable

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Improbable"Greetings...I'm new here....I am certainly a happy atheist....my atheism has also been strengthened greatly by the book The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins...

Hey ... aren't you over in the atheistic forms too?

Welcome to the forum anyways :)

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Improbable

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"
Quote from: "Improbable"Greetings...I'm new here....I am certainly a happy atheist....my atheism has also been strengthened greatly by the book The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins...

Hey ... aren't you over in the atheistic forms too?

Welcome to the forum anyways :)

Kyu
Yes quite a few, and I think I know the one you know me from.
    Oh, btw, just out of interest, I know there are many clues; but which clue(s) did you notice? how could you tell? One of my names on an Atheist forum is EvidenceVsFaith...
    My guess is you quite probably are thinking of that name...but thats just a guess.

Whitney

Improbable...I think I've seen your name around too.  Considering I haven't been very active in other forums I'm guessing it might have been Atheist Network?  Of course, I could be wrong...I'm kinda bad with names, even if they are just internet IDs.

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Improbable"Yes quite a few, and I think I know the one you know me from.
Oh, btw, just out of interest, I know there are many clues; but which clue(s) did you notice? how could you tell? One of my names on an Atheist forum is EvidenceVsFaith...
My guess is you quite probably are thinking of that name...but thats just a guess.

Yes I know you (as EvidenceVsFaith) from the Atheist Forums (where I argued awhile with the resident Linux evangelist)but no, I had no idea that EvF was you here ... I saw someone with the handle "Improbable" in the Atheistic Forums, guess that what confused me :)

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Improbable

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"
Quote from: "Improbable"Yes quite a few, and I think I know the one you know me from.

Yes I know you (as EvidenceVsFaith) from the Atheist Forums (where I argued awhile with the resident Linux evangelist)but no, I had no idea that EvF was you here ... I saw someone with the handle "Improbable" in the Atheistic Forums, guess that what confused me :)

Kyu
Well yeah, but that's me too.
   You were right.

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Improbable...I think I've seen your name around too.  Considering I haven't been very active in other forums I'm guessing it might have been Atheist Network?  Of course, I could be wrong...I'm kinda bad with names, even if they are just internet IDs.
No, I'm not on the Atheist-Network because I didn't know it existed...but hopefully I will be on that soon aswell:)