News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Lies from the Christians...

Started by rlrose328, October 25, 2008, 04:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlrose328

Check my blog for details and linkage.

Several of the Conservative Christian groups are sending out emails and posting videos claiming that an American under Obama will cause Russia to attack other countries, have a liberal-controlled Supreme Court that will allow Boy Scout scoutmasters to molest young boys, and embolden Christian-haters to attack Christian freedoms.

I never knew that Christians could see the future like that... but I'm more concerned with their ability to embellish facts and poison the campaign.

I read that stuff and I'm embarrassed to be an American, letting other civilized countries see how stupid our citizens are to put that stuff out there... and know that a good portion of the population will BELIEVE it!   :rant:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Whitney

Quote from: "rlrose328"have a liberal-controlled Supreme Court that will allow Boy Scout scoutmasters to molest young boys,

I haven't read your blog post yet...but...seriously...are they that stupid.  The only conservatives I am exposed to on a daily basis on the intelligent ones so stuff like this really catches me off guard. And yes, there can be intelligent conservatives...they just tend to be that way for economic reasons.

Anyway, considering that McCain is about 10 points behind...this seems like grasping for straws to me.

Asmodean

Quote from: "rlrose328"...will cause Russia to attack other countries...
Russians are our neighbours so I happen to know a bit about this particular point. If Russia decides to attack another country, they will. It's that simple. They wouldn't care one bit about who sits in the White House.
So the best way to keep them within their borders is by not provoking them. Works very well for us. Oh, we argue over fish and the like all the time, but that's a totally different story
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

rlrose328

I've calmed down a little since I read that... but it still steams me.  It was just this type of crap that they did right before election day in 2004, appealing to the younger evangelicals, that got the push that helped him "win."  (I use the term "win" very lightly.)

They are BRED to believe everything they are told, especially when told to them by a religious "leader" or "organization."    :borg:  It's disgusting.

Is it true that the fall of most of the civilizations that are gone were preceded by the loss of civil rights by the masses?  I can't remember if I read that at one point and internet searches on that concept are giving me lots of religious links.  Ugh.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!