News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

political cartoon

Started by LARA, October 18, 2008, 01:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARA

Yes, for all you Happy Athiests it's a political cartoon!  From me to you, enjoy.

http://www.anticomix.com/political%201.htm
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell

curiosityandthecat

Brava. :) Any way to access archives? Or is that the first one? (I thought I'd seen more before... I could be wrong.)

Still, I couldn't agree more. Sarah Palin showing up on SNL is... well, disturbing. Thankfully, nobody cares about SNL anymore. Don't forget that Lorne Michaels gave money to the McCain campaign, too. The whole show is firmly seated in Palin's lap. The only way it would actually be funny is if Biden was on there with Palin.

That would never happen, though. But Palin scares the crap out of me, too. Matt Damon put it best:

[youtube:1j2baoky]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw_PWHYk[/youtube:1j2baoky]

"It's like a really bad Disney movie. The hockey mom... from Alaska and she's the president and it's like she's facing down Vladimir Putin and using the folksy stuff she learned at the hockey rink and it's absurd... I want to know if she really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. I want to know that. I really do. Because she's going to have the nuclear codes."
-Curio

Stoicheion

she's just on there to make herself look like she's a part of the joke. i hope they make a fool of her.

either way, obama's almost guaranteed to win, though i can't be over confident. i might jinx the whole thing.

GOBAMA :banna:
[size=85]So why does there only have to be one correct philosophy?
I don't wanna go and follow you just to end up like one of them
And why are you always telling me what you want me to believe?
I'd like to think that I can go my own way and meet you in the end
Go my own way and meet you in the end
"Same Direction" - Hoobastank
[/size]

LARA

Hey Curio, thanks for asking.

That's my first political cartoon, but the characters are an offshoot of my first sci-fi comic which I'll re-link to the site again when I get my head a little better organized and put the index page back on with the appropriate links.

Your avatar is really cool, by the way and I absolutely loved the "Why vote for the lesser evil?" pic you posted.  That was just perfect.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

curiosityandthecat

I knew I'd seen it somewhere before!  :) Here's the big version of the Cthulhu 2008 picture, in case you want a copy.

Looking forward to more cartoons!
-Curio

LARA

Thanks for the link Curio.  :lol:  

Also, I updated the url I first posted so this thread would actually make sense to anyone who read it later.

Stoicheion

i saw another political cartoon that was particularly interesting. On one side was a supervillain from space wanting to annihilate us all. The other, the Hero said something like :"will there be refreshments after". The next panel shows a couple watching it on tv. One asks :"so... who lost." the other says: "the voters."
[size=85]So why does there only have to be one correct philosophy?
I don't wanna go and follow you just to end up like one of them
And why are you always telling me what you want me to believe?
I'd like to think that I can go my own way and meet you in the end
Go my own way and meet you in the end
"Same Direction" - Hoobastank
[/size]