News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Rev. at McCain Rally: My God is Bigger than Your God

Started by curiosityandthecat, October 13, 2008, 09:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

Rev. Arnold Conrad speaks to a McCain rally and, for lack of a better term, "throws down" that his (and McCain's) God is bigger than other gods (like Hindu... apparently, Hindu is a god, now).

[youtube:y3ohc6dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g0d3_KE5js[/youtube:y3ohc6dw]

It's one thing when an evangelical preacher is eloquent. Then, though it's still hard to swallow, at least what is being said is pleasant to listen to on a rhetorical level. The mush that falls out of Rev. Conrad's mouth, however, sounds like it was written by an eight year old.

Jim Wallis, the author of God's Politics, was on Rick Sanchez's CNN show this afternoon. He went to the same seminary school as Rev. Conrad, and said that the reverend obviously didn't "pay attention in class." I could be wrong, but it seems that a man who makes his profession around God should know that Yaweh, Jehova, the American "God" and Allah are all the same character, the God of the Abrahamic tradition. I'm not a theologian, but even I know that.

Now, I franly don't care if religious group A hates religious group B or religious group C. If they can't work out their own problems amongst themselves, I'm not going to get involved. But, when a reverend, a, I'm assuming, trusted man of the cloth and religious leader, begins telling people that his, their, our God's reputation is on the line because the bad guys might win, well, I'm not sure I can handle that.

On that note, click here for your "My Imaginary Friend Can Beat Up Your Imaginary Friend t-shirt.
-Curio

rlrose328

I was going to post this today as well... Joe told me about it a few days ago.  Did you hear the "amens" in the audience?  It's not what this one man is saying that confounds me (though it does...).  It's that so many people agree with him and his rhetorical religious garbage.  It confuses, astounds and saddens me to know that there are so many people in this country that would readily get rid of any other religions and then point the finger at Islam as a bad guy.   :hmm:  :rant:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

jcm

So if obama wins is that proof god does not exist or is it proof god doesn't like republicans?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

karadan

Quote from: "jcm"So if obama wins is that proof god does not exist or is it proof god doesn't like republicans?

Haha!!

God works in mysterious ways, huh?   :beer:
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.