News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: the law of conservation of matter

Started by Squid, September 11, 2008, 05:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quizlixx

matter can neither be created or destroyed. this is a LAW of science. science is based of fact and evidence. who could possibly think that god made everything out of nothing. :brick:
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Jolly Sapper

Its the thinking that does it.  I can think anything I want, I have the liberty to do so.  Even if it doesn't make sense or can be proven wrong.

Asmodean

Uh... Not exactly.

The mass of the reactants in a chemical reaction is equal to the mass of products of such reaction. Using a somewhat narrow definition of matter, you CAN destroy it by colliding it with antimatter. There are one or two other ways of breaking this rule as well.

The law of conservation of energy though...

Quote from: "Wiki"In physics, the law of conservation of energy states that the total amount of energy in any isolated system remains constant but cannot be recreated, although it may change forms, e.g. friction turns kinetic energy into thermal energy. In thermodynamics, the first law of thermodynamics is a statement of the conservation of energy for thermodynamic systems, and is the more encompassing version of the conservation of energy. In short, the law of conservation of energy states that energy can not be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another or transferred from one body to another, but the total amount of energy remains constant (the same).
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

quizlixx

Quote from: "Asmodean"Uh... Not exactly.

The mass of the reactants in a chemical reaction is equal to the mass of products of such reaction. Using a somewhat narrow definition of matter, you CAN destroy it by colliding it with antimatter. There are one or two other ways of breaking this rule as well.

The law of conservation of energy though...

Quote from: "Wiki"In physics, the law of conservation of energy states that the total amount of energy in any isolated system remains constant but cannot be recreated, although it may change forms, e.g. friction turns kinetic energy into thermal energy. In thermodynamics, the first law of thermodynamics is a statement of the conservation of energy for thermodynamic systems, and is the more encompassing version of the conservation of energy. In short, the law of conservation of energy states that energy can not be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another or transferred from one body to another, but the total amount of energy remains constant (the same).
o cool, can you link the wiki
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Asmodean

Yup. I link wiki when I'm too lazy to type an explanation.  :beer:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Squid"
Quote from: "quizlixx"o cool, can you link the wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

Right... Forgot the business part... Well, it appears that Squid did the job for me.

Can't blame the guy with the vengeful Fluâ,,¢ for being absent-minded  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

quizlixx

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "Squid"
Quote from: "quizlixx"o cool, can you link the wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

Right... Forgot the business part... Well, it appears that Squid did the job for me.

Can't blame the guy with the vengeful Fluâ,,¢ for being absent-minded  :D hope u get betr