News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on March 27, 2024, 12:08:32 PM

Lovely! His time with Nadia Boulanger was obviously well spent. The same can be said of a number of other star composers.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i put his stuff on while im driving and listen to the same pieces over and over until i can memorize them, trying to figure out what he's doing. i have no musical education, so things like different overlapping tempos and key changes take me a long time to understand, because i have no words for them. i just listen and try to see what he was seeing.

but now im trying to understand minmalism and what different interpretations of it sound like.

billy rubin

now youve got me on a tangent

hermes2015

She was a formidable, unbelievably important lady in the development of music in the last century. Her sister was a talented composer who unfortunately died very young.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on March 29, 2024, 08:04:16 PMi put his stuff on while im driving and listen to the same pieces over and over until i can memorize them, trying to figure out what he's doing. i have no musical education, so things like different overlapping tempos and key changes take me a long time to understand, because i have no words for them. i just listen and try to see what he was seeing.

but now im trying to understand minmalism and what different interpretations of it sound like.

That sounds so much like my own story. It is in my nature to find connections that often lead to discovering new directions ("tangents" as you so eloquently call them).
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

This video just about says it all.

― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Philip Glass: Symphony No. 4 "Heroes", inspired by David Bowie.

― Charles Eames