News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Suicide!!!

Started by , August 16, 2006, 01:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suicide!!!

This human life is very rare. Next human birth is still rare. The ignorance of real aim of the life leads to thoughts of suicide due to tensions created in this unreal drama. Will any body kill himself or herself really on the stage while acting a drama? Is he or she not a fool? Is he or she not mad? Suppose a student is defeated in cricket game and commits suicide. Is he or she not mad? Suppose a student is defeated in cricket game and commits suicide. Is he not a fool? The game itself is a side activity meant for a change. This worldly life is just a side activity and one should not get even tension in this worldly life, not to speak of suicide!

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace
antonyanil@universal-spirituality.org

McQ

Quote from: "dattaswami"Suicide!!!

This human life is very rare. Next human birth is still rare. The ignorance of real aim of the life leads to thoughts of suicide due to tensions created in this unreal drama. Will any body kill himself or herself really on the stage while acting a drama? Is he or she not a fool? Is he or she not mad? Suppose a student is defeated in cricket game and commits suicide. Is he or she not mad? Suppose a student is defeated in cricket game and commits suicide. Is he not a fool? The game itself is a side activity meant for a change. This worldly life is just a side activity and one should not get even tension in this worldly life, not to speak of suicide!

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace
antonyanil@universal-spirituality.org

Suppose anyone who plays Cricket is a dork. Is that not madness?
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tom62

Cricket matches takes days to finish. No wonder that people are bored  to death.

Human life is not rare, there are milliards of humans and more of them are born every day. This makes a single life look rather insignificant, doesn't it? So I think it is better to make the best out of life, especially since you have only one of it. My "real aim" to life is thereore to live a happy life. Since I'm succeeding in that goal pretty well, I have no intentions to end it. What goals people that commited suicide should have had, is not for me (not for anyone else) to decide or judge.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Court

I don't respect people who use multiple exclamation points.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

MommaSquid

Quote from: "dattaswami"...This worldly life is just a side activity...

We don't believe that.  Or should I say...We don't believe that!!!

Quote from: "Tom62"What goals people that commited suicide should have had, is not for me (not for anyone else) to decide or judge.

Hear hear.

Erinos

Suppose you're people have sold me cigarettes since I was 13, and then you tell me NOT to commit suicide?!?!
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

MySpace

silviakjell

buzz?!!!!!!?
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.

Big Mac

Hey it kind of sucks China didn't fully invade India. Maybe we'd have a world majority of Atheists.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Squid

This guy is nuts, here's his "bio" page:

http://www.universal-spirituality.org/swamiwho.htm

He envisions himself as some sort of prophet with special "divine" knowledge...one of the marks of a type of schizophrenia or some other disorders might fit the bill as well.

MommaSquid

Quote from: "silviakjell"buzz?!!!!!!?

Yes!  Buzz, buzz.

McQ

Quote from: "MommaSquid"
Quote from: "silviakjell"buzz?!!!!!!?

Yes!  Buzz, buzz.

I'm baffled too. What is with "buzz" and "buzz-buzz"? LOL!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

iplaw

QuoteThis worldly life is just a side activity and one should not get even tension in this worldly life, not to speak of suicide!

It's hard for me to understand boobly boobly talk.  I pride myself on being able to decipher the thickest of Indian accents after years in engineering studies, but I still scratch my head when I read what they write...I have an easier time reading Japanese warning signs.

Woody

Quote from: "Squid"This guy is nuts, here's his "bio" page:

http://www.universal-spirituality.org/swamiwho.htm

He envisions himself as some sort of prophet with special "divine" knowledge...one of the marks of a type of schizophrenia or some other disorders might fit the bill as well.

You have my admiration if you were actually able to read through the entire page, Squid, but of course you don't need to read much of it to get a flavour of this guy.

I have to quote one small section:

"The people who do not want to accept this extra item, which is beyond this world, are called as atheists. From their angle I am a trickish human being cheating humanity through My speeches. Such atheists will not even touch this website and they are not My readers."

Well, he's not often right, but he's wrong again!  

Initially I thought this guy was just misguided, but after further consideration I think he's probably certifiably crazy. He claims to have a Ph.D in chemistry, as well as being a "spiritual genius".  I think maybe he's been playing around with the chemicals just a little too often.

Whitney

I think the only thing he is cheating humanity out of is brain cells.  He'd have to be clever in order to trick anyone who thinks for themselves.

Erinos

Quote from: "dattaswami"Suicide!!!
This human life is very rare.

Yeah, I'd just like point out that human life = Rare x 6 Billion
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

MySpace