News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

hows the el-summer-o?

Started by tacoma_kyle, August 04, 2008, 09:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARA

The el-summer-o has been mucho mucho busy, work and kid care and too little time for forums.  I've kept the garden watered during the massive oppressive heat wave we are having here and we've fit in several trips to the lake and park for my daughter, as well as helped her maintain her little observational menagerie of opiliones (daddy long legs havestmen), snails and grasshoppers with many highly unwanted lectures on the ethical husbandry and timely release of earth's creepy crawlie lifeforms, cage cleanlinesss and the importance of adequate spongey water sources.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Tom62"Same with me. Just work, work and more work. Luckily I still have my summer vacation waiting for me. In three weeks time my wife and I go to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Two weeks of sailing, drinking, eating and relaxing.

I am so jealous! We had a big family vacation to North Carolina a couple of years ago.Just the drive alone was worth it. 9 hours but still beautiful.Where are you two planning on going?Emerald Isle was perfect everything so close and we rented a house right on the beach. I fail to mention that we had 5 kids,and 7 adults.

rlrose328

Quote from: "tacoma_kyle"rlrose328, make sure and get some bomb-diggidy photo's of the glaciers. It seems they may not be quite as remarkable for much longer. The blue iced ones are fuckin cool. I've only seen photo's, but yeah.

This will be our third Alaskan cruise in as many years... we love Glacier Bay!  It's so peaceful and quiet and gorgeous.  The only thing that wrecks it is the smokers who hog the walkway smoking while we want to take photos.  Ugh.

In 2006, we saw a beautiful glacier that had recently calved, so there was a huge blue spot on it... it was gorgeous!  Here is a page about our cruise with some photos of the glaciers (link at the top takes you to the bottom of the page to see the glaciers).

I'm so anxious to go a third time!  We got a cabin with a window this year!  Woohoo!  And to finish up the summer (late), we're doing a repositioning cruise for our 15th anniversary.  We get on the ship in Seattle, cruise overnight to Vancouver and then come back on a bus.  Short and sweet, but it's so cheap for those types of cruises, we got a suite!  Pampering, here I come!  And the kid stays with friends.   :beer:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Tom62

Quote from: "afreethinker30"I am so jealous! We had a big family vacation to North Carolina a couple of years ago.Just the drive alone was worth it. 9 hours but still beautiful.Where are you two planning on going?Emerald Isle was perfect everything so close and we rented a house right on the beach. I fail to mention that we had 5 kids,and 7 adults.

We'll be staying in Corolla at the "Hampton Inn And Suites Outer Banks" (http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hote ... cn=OBXNCHX). My wife and I haven't made concrete plans yet of what we're going to see. Most important is for us the relax since the year has been very stressful. What do want to see are the wild horses in Corolla and explore the region a bit. We also booked a sailing course nearby.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

tacoma_kyle

Those were some killer photo's rlrose328. Thanks. Bet there is a shitload more than that lol.

But yeah the beach is another thing on my to-do list! At least for one or two nights...
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

Asmodean

Quote from: "tacoma_kyle"But yeah the beach is another thing on my to-do list! At least for one or two nights...

:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "rlrose328"Here is a page about our cruise with some photos of the glaciers (link at the top takes you to the bottom of the page to see the glaciers).

Jumpin' Jesus on a cracker, rlrose328. "Glacier6.jpg" (actually the 5th glacier picture down) looks unbelievably like an Ansel Adams shot! That's absolutely gorgeous. I'm seething with jealousy right now!  :hail:
-Curio

rlrose328

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Quote from: "rlrose328"Here is a page about our cruise with some photos of the glaciers (link at the top takes you to the bottom of the page to see the glaciers).

Jumpin' Jesus on a cracker, rlrose328. "Glacier6.jpg" (actually the 5th glacier picture down) looks unbelievably like an Ansel Adams shot! That's absolutely gorgeous. I'm seething with jealousy right now!  :D
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!