News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

World Religions:

Started by , August 16, 2006, 01:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silviakjell

Dattaswami, what are you? A muslim, hindu, buddhist, christian, or a crazy religious fundie? I think i know...
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.

Squid

...confused sound more like it.

MommaSquid

Buzz, buzz.

iplaw

I take back my comment about really smart people being the only ones to have crappy websites. My apologies to all.

A thought for Dr. Boobly Boobly:

The law of non-contradiction holds that both (a) and not (a) cannot exist together without qualification. Christianity/Islam/Judaism all have rigid exclusionary principles. According to the law of non-contradiction all three cannot be correct hypotheses simultaneously. Please explain why the law of non-contradiction does not apply.

Every major religion in the world claims exclusivity, and every major religion in the world has a point of exclusion.

Hinduism, for example, is often represented as being the most tolerant and accepting of other faiths. That is just not true. All Hindus believe in two fundamental, uncompromising doctrines—The Law of Karma, and the belief in reincarnation. These will not be surrendered. In fact, Buddhism was born out of the rejection of two other very dogmatic claims of Hinduism. Buddha rejected the authority of the vedas and the caste system of Hinduism. The issue here is not who was right or wrong. The truth is that they were systemically different—both claiming rightness.

Islam, as you know, is very clearly an exclusive claim to God. A Muslim will never tell you that it doesn't matter what you believe or that all religions are true.

But before we get upset with such claims, let us remember that it is the very nature of truth--Truth by definition is exclusive. Everything cannot be true. If everything is true, then nothing is false. If nothing is false then it would also be true to say everything is false. We cannot have it both ways. One should not be surprised at the claims of exclusivity. The reality is that even those who deny truth's exclusivity, in effect, exclude those who do not deny it. The truth quickly emerges. The law of non-contradiction does apply to reality. We mean by that, that two contradictory statements cannot both be true in the same sense.

To deny the law of non-contradiction is to affirm it at the same time. You may as well talk about a one-ended stick as talk about truth being all-inclusive.

Where does that leave us? We must not be surprised at truth claims but we must test them before we believe them. If the test demonstrates truth then we are morally compelled to believe it.  When testing truth, philosophers tell us of the two principal tests: Correspondence and Coherence.  Statements must correspond to reality. And all statements collated must cohere.

Please don't waste my time by arguing something stupid to refute the law of non-contradiction like using dialectic logic systems.  Even hindus look both ways before they cross the street.  It's either the car or you, but not both.

At the Twinkie Wrapper Laiden feet of His Holiness Dr. Peter Griffin.

Anil Probe

Quote from: "silviakjell"Dattaswami, what are you? A muslim, hindu, buddhist, christian, or a crazy religious fundie? I think i know...

silviakjell;

I want to bring the world peace by bringing the brotherly-hood among the religions.  Unless this is brought, the brotherly-hood among the followers of various religions will not come.  Religion is only the external plastic cover.  Spiritualism is the same material packed in different religions.  Whatever may be the color of the external plastic cover, the internal metallic wire and current are one and the same in all the wires.

Whatever may be the color of the plastic cover, every wire will move the fan since the same current is passing in all the wires.  For the sake of money, one man is quarreling with another man without recognizing the same soul that is present in all the human beings.  Similarly one country is fighting with another country due to the difference in the religions without recognizing the same spiritual current that exists in all the religions.

If you want to convey the greatness of spiritualism present in your religion, you must expose the common points between your religion and the other religion.  Then the person of other religion will become your friend.  After that you expose the greatness of spiritualism in your religion.  Then he will understand and appreciate your religion.  But if you deeply analyze, the same spiritualism to the same depth is present in all the religions.  The Lord is only one and came to different countries and taught the same syllabus in different languages.  Religion is only the external culture of dress, food habits, language etc.; Spiritualism is the subject related to one God who created this entire universe.

Quote from: "Big Mac"Why doesn't the blind fellow just use a cane and feel around to see if there is a manhole. Finding none, he continues on, wiser than ever. You need to stop being so crazy, it might get you killed on day.

And it's not just a 50/50 chance. What about all the other religions? Greek, Roman, Norse Mythology claims if you are a good person you go to Hades (the good part of Hades) or Valhalla. Or how about Buddhists with Nirvana?  Or Jews, Muslim, etc. with their heavens and hells. There is more than just a 50/50 chance here, you unstable little twit.

Now please, read some science text-books and see the world for what it is.

Lord created the universe for entertainment. He has given free will to all the human beings to do whatever they like. But, the results will follow the deeds. So, He is indirectly controlling, that is to say that enjoyment for good deeds and misery for bad deeds. Misery is to bring realisation only and not to repeat the same bad deed. Otherwise, He is not responsible for one's deeds. There is nothing like His enjoying when one harms the other. He watches this as a cinema only.

One has to receive the fruits of the deeds whether good or bad (Naabhuktam Ksheeyate Karma).  There is only one way to escape the fruits of the deeds.  The Lord comes down in human form and undergoes the punishments for your sake and saves you.  At the same time He will protect the prestige of God of Justice and the theory of Karma.  This is the main reason for His human incarnation.  

He will never cancel the fruits of deeds.  He will sacrifice Himself and protects you.  When you cannot pay the fine, your father pays it.  You must become eligible for such grace of the Lord.  You achieve the eligibility when you do not aspire to get rid of the fruits of your deeds and prepare to undergo the punishments of all your sins.  You should never think that the Lord should sacrifice for your sake.  

Most of the times, we misunderstand God and interpret wrongly. For proper understanding of Him, we should learn the divine knowledge and practice it. Lord preaches the true spiritual knowledge in human form only, like Jesus, Krishna and Prophet Mohammed. His mission is to uplift human beings by preaching the divine knowledge. We should participate in His mission as His servants without aspiring anything in return. The practical participation (in form of donating money and physically spending \by working) will only prove our devotion.

Real love involves sacrifice. When we sacrifice ourselves and serve our kith-kin we are getting enjoyment. Our enjoyment comes with the enjoyment of our beloved, which clearly shows that the true love involves sacrifice.

iplaw

I see Professor Boobly Boobly The Spammer is ignoring my post.   I guess philosophy isn't a discipline that His Holiness engages in.  What a shock...

Anil Probe

Quote from: "iplaw"I see Professor Boobly Boobly The Spammer is ignoring my post.   I guess philosophy isn't a discipline that His Holiness engages in.  What a shock...

Anil Probe

iplaw;

Do not worry about the sins of your close family members. Tell them once and help them in the analysis. Do not hate them and resist their side attractions. Resistance will only increase the attraction. You are promoting it indirectly. You help them in analysis and still if they do not change neglect them. In this world, the souls and five elements are real but the attractions or feelings, which are called as bonds are unreal. The actors, stage, dress, lights etc., are real but the story and dialogues, which together called as drama, are unreal. God, the absolute reality, is the source of both the reality and unreality of this world.

When I say that the world is a dream, you should not mistake it and confuse by thinking that everything in the world is a dream. If you analyse your wife and child, their souls and gross bodies are real. But their subtle bodies which are made up of feelings (gunas) are unreal. The vessel (gross body) and the water (causal body) are real. But the waves in the water (subtle body) are unreal, which constitutes the whole drama â€" dream. All the actors and the materials used in the picture shooting are real. Only the story, dialogues and the feelings expressed like attraction and hatredness are unreal. The Advaita scholars misunderstand here and say that the entire world is unreal.

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace
antonyanil@universal-spirituality.org

iplaw

QuoteIf you analyse your wife
She's not in to that...but your interest in the topic doesn't surprise me ANIL...

WTF was that.  I asked for a response to my post, not more boobly boobly talk.  You are a coward and deserve to be banned.  I will give you one more chance to actually respond to my post before you are summarily ignored.  I actually tried to enagage you in honest discourse and you chose not to respond...which I halfway expected.

Anil Probe

Big Mac

Uh Ip, don't feed the crazy troll. I mean I was just talking to my new Mossberg 590 A1 but even I know he's crazy!
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

iplaw

I know where I know this guy from now:

Quote from: "iplaw"I see Professor Boobly Boobly The Spammer is ignoring my post.   I guess philosophy isn't a discipline that His Holiness engages in.  What a shock...

Anil Probe

iplaw;

Regarding your comment about re-incarnation;

The human being is entangled in the cycle of deeds called as karma charka. The thought in the mind is the seed, which grows and generates action. The action certainly gives its result. Even if you escape the result of your action in this world you cannot escape from it in the upper world. In fact the result in the upper world is very severe due to the compounded interest due to the delay in getting the result. Therefore blessed are those who are punished in this world itself. Jesus says “It is better to punish yourself for your sin in this world itself than to fall into eternal hell”.
The punishment reduces the thought (which caused the deed) to the state of a tiny seedling. However the punishment cannot destroy the thought completely. The thought exists in a very minute called the state of subconsciousness.

Even you are not aware of your subconscious thought. When the soul comes from hell to the earth and enters a new human body, the child contains all the qualities or thoughts of previous births, hidden in the subconscious state. Therefore the child is unaware of anything and appears to be the most innocent and sacred. In the child the thoughts are like seeds that have not germinated. Whatever may be the external atmosphere in which the child grows, those strong thoughts will certainly germinate and grow up to be tender plants if not strong trees. But if the external atmosphere is favorable, the strong thoughts become trees, and weak thoughts will become plants. These germinated thoughts will result in corresponding actions. The actions will give their own fruits whether here or there.

The fruits are the punishments, which will again reduce the thoughts to seeds. This is the cycle of the deeds. When it is said that you are enjoying the fruit of the action of your previous birth, it has to be understood in the context of this cycle. The action of your previous birth was punished in hell and has reduced your thought to the form of a seed. In this birth the seed grows and results in its corresponding action. Such action can give you its result in this world if you are captured here itself. The judicial system in this world also functions under the direction of the Lord only. If you have escaped the judicial system in this world, it too is by the will of Lord alone.

The Lord might have judged your case and might have given you a chance of transformation. Sometimes you are punished wrongly in a case. Do not abuse the court or God. Perhaps you are punished for some other sin. Do not think that you have escaped a punishment that you deserve just because the courts find you ‘not guilty’. Perhaps God is directing you for a severe punishment in hell, which cannot be provided by the court here. Therefore do not think that you have fooled the court or that the deity of justice is blind with a cloth tied on her eyes. Even this court is functioning according to the will of the Lord because the Lord governs everybody and everything in this world. Therefore do not blame God or do not say that God does not exist if some criminal escapes punishment of human courts.

Destroying the Seed

Now the main point is how to escape from this cycle? You cannot escape from this cycle by preventing the deed or punishment. If you are tied with a rope, you will not do the deed as long as you are tied. You will do the deed as soon as you are released from the rope. You may escape the result of your deed here by someone’s recommendations, but you cannot escape from it in hell. The only way to stop this cycle is to destroy the thought which is the initiating seed of this cycle. How to destroy it?
The seed is a thought which is a living property (sentient property) or a property of life. If it were an inert property like light or heat, it could be prevented by physical methods. Only knowledge, which is another living property, can destroy this thought. Only a diamond can cut another diamond. The wrong knowledge, which generates this sin, is dangerous.

Ignorance, which is zero, is better than wrong knowledge, which is minus (negative). Therefore only righteous knowledge can destroy wrong thoughts. You can differentiate the right knowledge from the wrong knowledge through careful, patient analysis and discrimination. The knowledge of God alone can create devotion in your mind and develop it. Thus by knowledge alone can you get rid of this cycle and attain and please God. Shankara says “Jnanat eva tu kaivalyam”, which means that knowledge alone can give salvation. Jesus preached the same spiritual knowledge throughout His life.

The atheist is always rigid and does not accept God even if a miracle is performed by God physically. He will attribute it to hypnotism and magic. When Lord Krishna showed the vision of His cosmic form in the court, Duryodhana fell unconscious, but he attributed it to an illusion and hypnotism. Therefore a rigid foolish atheist can never be transformed and he shall be condemned forever like a student debarred by the university. One must have an open mind to recognize the truth and must have the courage to come out of one’s conservative rigid circle.

The atheist blames the devotees regarding their foolish conservative limits, but he himself is trapped by such limits! For a wise person even a subtle experience in small incidents taking place in his life is sufficient proof to realize the existence of God. God is giving proof of His existence even in very small incidents that take place in every walk of your life. If you sit and analyze your past life with careful, shrewd analysis, you can see the existence of God at every step and how He is trying to help you always.

Some say that God loves only His devotees and thus He is partial. This is meaningless. If all people in the world loved Him equally and if He still loved only a select few, then alone can it be called partiality.

joeactor

Maybe it's me... but I think dattaswami might be translated from esperanto.

If Tolstoy and Nieche had any offspring, then this is how they'd write!

Just my opinion.  I like my concepts a bit more concrete.

Big Mac

Well no, Nietzche wasn't crazy and Tolstoy was an alright fella. THis guy is just shit bonkers. And peopel wonder why I say we should let Pakistan and India kill each other.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

joeactor

Quote from: "joeactor"Maybe it's me... but I think dattaswami might be translated from esperanto.

If Tolstoy and Nieche had any offspring, then this is how they'd write!

Just my opinion.  I like my concepts a bit more concrete.

Ah, wait!  Now I get it...

I think we'll all understand once we fully embrace this site:
  TimeCube

sorry... I'm a bit surley in the morning...