News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

World Religions:

Started by , August 16, 2006, 01:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Religions:

If anyone says that his/her religion is the only path to God and that other paths lead to hell, I have one humble question.  The question is for every religion without any trace of partiality.  The simple question is: Today I have heard your Religion and if I follow that, I reach God and if I refuse I will go to the hell for my own fault.  This is very much reasonable.  But before your ancestors discovered our country, the literature or even the name of your religion was not known to our ancestor and he could not reach God for no fault of him.  But your ancestor reached God through your religion at that time.

Even if I assume that my ancestor will take rebirth now and will follow your religion to reach God, such possibility is ruled out because you say that there is no rebirth for the soul.  Thus my ancestor suffered forever for no fault of him and the responsibility for this falls on the partiality of God.  Had the God been impartial, He could have revealed your religion to all the countries at a time. Had that happened, my ancestor might have also reached God as your ancestor.  Therefore your statement proves your own God partial.  

The only way left over to you to make your God impartial is that you must accept that your God appeared in all the countries at a time in various forms and preached your path in various languages.  The same form did not appear everywhere and the same language does not exist everywhere.  The syllabus and explanation are one and the same, though the media and teachers are different.  Can you give any alternative reasonable answer to my question other than this?  Certainly not!  Any person of any religion to any other religion can pose this question.  

Moreover every religion states that their God only created this world.  Unfortunately this world is one only and every God cannot create the same world.  There are no many worlds to justify that each God created His own world.  Therefore any human being with an iota of commonsense has to agree that there is only one impartial God who created this one world and He came in different forms to different countries and preached the same path in all the languages simultaneously at one time.  

Let this logic sword of the divine knowledge cut the rigid conservatism of the religious fans in this world to establish the Universal Peace.  I need not beg all these religious followers to be united and harmonious to each other for the sake of world peace.  Such begging appeals are made enough in the past.  The religious fans feel that there is no unity really in the religions but they have to be united since their kind hearts melted by these appeals.  Thus a temporary change was only brought.  At the maximum one generation of the followers got united.  The next generation fights with each other because they feel that there is no real unity in them due to lack of the real unity in their religious scriptures.

A permanent solution for this does not lie in the begging appeals, which may or may not unite the followers.  Even if the appeals unite such unity is not permanent.  If the real unity in all the religious scriptures is exposed through the logical divine knowledge, the followers have to be united for generations together.  Therefore, My attack is not on the hearts of the followers through love and kindness.  My attack is on all the religious scriptures through intellectual logical analysis of divine knowledge.  The unity of hearts through love can be only temporary.  The unity of brains through intellectual analytical divine knowledge will be permanent.  Hearts agree but brains realize.  Agreement is temporary, but realization is permanent.  Thus this is My first blow of My divine Conch shell for the permanent unity of all the religions aiming at eternal Universal Peace.  

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace
antonyanil@universal-spirituality.org

McQ

Quote from: "dattaswami"World Religions:

If anyone says that his/her religion is the only path to God and that other paths lead to hell, I have one humble question.  The question is for every religion without any trace of partiality.  The simple question is: Today I have heard your Religion and if I follow that, I reach God and if I refuse I will go to the hell for my own fault.  This is very much reasonable.  But before your ancestors discovered our country, the literature or even the name of your religion was not known to our ancestor and he could not reach God for no fault of him.  But your ancestor reached God through your religion at that time.

Even if I assume that my ancestor will take rebirth now and will follow your religion to reach God, such possibility is ruled out because you say that there is no rebirth for the soul.  Thus my ancestor suffered forever for no fault of him and the responsibility for this falls on the partiality of God.  Had the God been impartial, He could have revealed your religion to all the countries at a time. Had that happened, my ancestor might have also reached God as your ancestor.  Therefore your statement proves your own God partial.  

The only way left over to you to make your God impartial is that you must accept that your God appeared in all the countries at a time in various forms and preached your path in various languages.  The same form did not appear everywhere and the same language does not exist everywhere.  The syllabus and explanation are one and the same, though the media and teachers are different.  Can you give any alternative reasonable answer to my question other than this?  Certainly not!  Any person of any religion to any other religion can pose this question.  

Moreover every religion states that their God only created this world.  Unfortunately this world is one only and every God cannot create the same world.  There are no many worlds to justify that each God created His own world.  Therefore any human being with an iota of commonsense has to agree that there is only one impartial God who created this one world and He came in different forms to different countries and preached the same path in all the languages simultaneously at one time.  

Let this logic sword of the divine knowledge cut the rigid conservatism of the religious fans in this world to establish the Universal Peace.  I need not beg all these religious followers to be united and harmonious to each other for the sake of world peace.  Such begging appeals are made enough in the past.  The religious fans feel that there is no unity really in the religions but they have to be united since their kind hearts melted by these appeals.  Thus a temporary change was only brought.  At the maximum one generation of the followers got united.  The next generation fights with each other because they feel that there is no real unity in them due to lack of the real unity in their religious scriptures.

A permanent solution for this does not lie in the begging appeals, which may or may not unite the followers.  Even if the appeals unite such unity is not permanent.  If the real unity in all the religious scriptures is exposed through the logical divine knowledge, the followers have to be united for generations together.  Therefore, My attack is not on the hearts of the followers through love and kindness.  My attack is on all the religious scriptures through intellectual logical analysis of divine knowledge.  The unity of hearts through love can be only temporary.  The unity of brains through intellectual analytical divine knowledge will be permanent.  Hearts agree but brains realize.  Agreement is temporary, but realization is permanent.  Thus this is My first blow of My divine Conch shell for the permanent unity of all the religions aiming at eternal Universal Peace.  

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace
antonyanil@universal-spirituality.org

Sorry Skippy, but Atheists don't believe in God. No god. No gods. None. Get it? Now go wash the Lotus feet.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

Dude, we don't care. Okay? We don't believe in any gods and some crazy HIndu or Paki or whatever you are, isn't going to change our minds. Saner people have tried and they have failed. Now go watch one of those god-awful Bollywood movies and leave us alone.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Tom62

Quote from: "dattaswami"World Religions:
Let this logic sword of the divine knowledge cut the rigid conservatism of the religious fans in this world to establish the Universal Peace.

Wow, I love this sentence! Back to the sixtees, man. Yeah..., let's smoke some more pot and  bring-out the mystical guru's.

Chances however are that no-one on this forum takes you seriously. After all this is an atheist forum; and atheists don't believe in God, Gods or Lotus Feets.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Big Mac

Only foreigners can make the English language so poetically stupid. I'm in awe of thise man's insanity.

Quote from: "Big Mac"Dude, we don't care. Okay? We don't believe in any gods and some crazy HIndu or Paki or whatever you are, isn't going to change our minds. Saner people have tried and they have failed. Now go watch one of those god-awful Bollywood movies and leave us alone.

Big Mac;

Can you show me that these hell and heaven are not there. you also cannot prove that hell & heaven are not there. So atleast an equal probability is there i.e., 50-50 chance.

Ex: A blind fellow is walking on road. Two people approach him. One says, there is a manhole in front of you. Other fellow says, first fellow is fooling you. There is no manhole and so can proceed. Now what the blind fellow should do?

If he is wise, he will take a small diversion and then walk away happily. By taking diversion definitely, he has put extra effort, energy and time. But it is not at all a loss, why because if by chance manhole is there, he will fall in that and consequence will be more difficult to imagine.

Now an atheist with rigidity will follow the second fellow's advice.

An atheist with little bit of wisdom follow the first fellow. How? If you take an atheist, sofar he has spent some part of his life as an atheist. Now atleast for some part of time he can experiement thinking that Lord is there and observe and compare the differences in his own life before and after. Instead of doing this in his own life for sometime, he unnecessarily spends lot of time in gossipping nonsense stating that Lord is not there. He believes in people who support him only. This is the rigidity. Our wise blind man in our above example has taken diversion instead of going straight and saved himself. Likewise these atheists should experiment theism in their life for sometime and then come to conclusion.

It is highly ridiculous to see these so called atheists not even thinking in this direction but they claim as wisest. This small idea did not occur to their wisest minds. They are not even allowing their mind to think momentarily also that Lord exists, this shows their extent of rigidity. That is the reason why they could not experience an iota of His grace sofar in their lives knowingly.

Court

Wow, you just gave us a diluted version of Pascal's wager. I'll let you in on a secret: It's been refuted again and again. No one here is going to buy it.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Big Mac

Why doesn't the blind fellow just use a cane and feel around to see if there is a manhole. Finding none, he continues on, wiser than ever. You need to stop being so crazy, it might get you killed on day.

And it's not just a 50/50 chance. What about all the other religions? Greek, Roman, Norse Mythology claims if you are a good person you go to Hades (the good part of Hades) or Valhalla. Or how about Buddhists with Nirvana?  Or Jews, Muslim, etc. with their heavens and hells. There is more than just a 50/50 chance here, you unstable little twit.

Now please, read some science text-books and see the world for what it is.

MommaSquid

Let us begin a massive "ignore" campaign of dattaswami and his lotus feet.  He is like the buzzing of flies!!!  

Buzz, buzz.

Quote from: "Big Mac"Why doesn't the blind fellow just use a cane and feel around to see if there is a manhole. Finding none, he continues on, wiser than ever. You need to stop being so crazy, it might get you killed on day.

And it's not just a 50/50 chance. What about all the other religions? Greek, Roman, Norse Mythology claims if you are a good person you go to Hades (the good part of Hades) or Valhalla. Or how about Buddhists with Nirvana?  Or Jews, Muslim, etc. with their heavens and hells. There is more than just a 50/50 chance here, you unstable little twit.

Now please, read some science text-books and see the world for what it is.

Buddha kept silent about God. This means that God is beyond words, mind and logic as said in the Veda. Buddha means the Buddhi or Jnana yoga that speaks about the absolute God. Thus He is the greatest incarnation of God. If one thinks Him as atheist, there can be no better fool. Mohammed showed the formless medium in which God exists, which is energy and this is presented by Shankara, because basically energy and awareness are one and the same. The prophet itself means human incarnation. Prophet is carrying on the message of God. The divine knowledge is in Him. Is He not greater than other human beings? Message of divine knowledge is the characteristic of God (Satyam Jnanam â€" the Veda) and so we say God is in Him. Why do you deny it, when God is omnipresent?

Then every human being should give the same message of God, since God is omnipresent. But why Mohammed alone gave it? Because the power of God or knowledge of God is in him only. Then the power of God, in the form of knowledge is not omnipresent. In any case, you have to accept that either God or His Power is only in Prophet Mohammed. That is what human incarnation is. You are fighting with us, without analysing the concept of human incarnation.

Thus Buddha, Mohammed and Shankara have made the single phase, which was essential to the level of the followers at that time. The concept of human incarnation was well established by Krishna and Jesus. You can find all three branches of Hinduism (Advaita, Visishta Advaita, Dvaita) in Christianity because Jesus told that He and God are one and the same (Advaita), that He is the son of God (Visishta Advaita) and that He is the messenger of God (Dvaita). The stage of philosophy was expressed according to the required stage of the people of that time.

Big Mac

Can you say that again but in Non-Crazy?

Court

I'm not sure if this guy is Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or just nuts.
I'd put my money on the latter.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Woody

dattaswami, you are so sure that we are lost in a world of ignorant rigidity but, the truth is, it is you who are lost in a world of unverifiable mystic mumbo jumbo.  The language you use betrays you for what you are - a mystical Hindu/Buddhist fundy.  There can be no useful discussion here; you are incapable of seeing things as we see them, or even trying - which is about as rigid as it gets.  You think you are smart and wise and insightful yet your own words betray you because you obviously can't even properly grasp the meaning of atheism; if you did, you wouldn't be peddling your wares here. Your lack of understanding of such a simple thing would give any thinking person serious reservations about your cutting insights into reality.

By the way, do you think there is a 50/50 chance that leprechauns might exist? It would be the wisest position to adopt wouldn't it.

Please spare us more of your fundy mystic insights and go contemplate your lotus feet some more.

Woody

Quote from: "MommaSquid"Let us begin a massive "ignore" campaign of dattaswami and his lotus feet.  He is like the buzzing of flies!!!  

Buzz, buzz.

Okay MommaSquid, I'm now going to try and join your "ignore" campaign. :)

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Woody"
Quote from: "MommaSquid"Let us begin a massive "ignore" campaign of dattaswami and his lotus feet.  He is like the buzzing of flies!!!  

Buzz, buzz.

Okay MommaSquid, I'm now going to try and join your "ignore" campaign. :)

Thanks for your support.  

Buzz, buzz.