News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

How would you handle this situation?

Started by afreethinker30, July 26, 2008, 05:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afreethinker30

Yes we've talked to AC a few times.But he always says his hands are tied unless he sees serious abuse...ie no food,water,animal is very thin,sores things like that.The humane society here operates an hour away and they wont get involved outside of endangered animals and goings on in their county.I have talked to the police about it.And was told that next time there is barking at night or past 7:30 for more then a "normal" time (dogs will bark but shouldnt for long periods) that I can call them and they will handle it.He also said if she comes back onto my property to call and I can have her charged with harrassment/trespass.And he said if the dog is on my property again and shows any signs even barking and growling that I have the right to shot the animal to protect myself.So that makes me feel alot better.

Smarmy Of One

This might sound lame, but I had a similar sitch with a neighbor that was letting their dog crap in my yard all the time. Not as serious as what you are going through, but annoying all the same. After several confrontations (one of which the police were called in) I actually called my local city counsel member. Their office got back to me the next day and they sent a bylaw enforcement officer out to my neighbor's house and they have had their dog on a tether ever since.

Have you tried calling the counsel member that reps your area? I only say so because the AC in my area told me they couldn't do anything for me because the problem was on private property, but they changed their minds all of a sudden when my counselor's office called them. It is why your counselor exists after all.  ;)

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Smarmy Of One"This might sound lame, but I had a similar sitch with a neighbor that was letting their dog crap in my yard all the time. Not as serious as what you are going through, but annoying all the same. After several confrontations (one of which the police were called in) I actually called my local city counsel member. Their office got back to me the next day and they sent a bylaw enforcement officer out to my neighbor's house and they have had their dog on a tether ever since.

Have you tried calling the counsel member that reps your area? I only say so because the AC in my area told me they couldn't do anything for me because the problem was on private property, but they changed their minds all of a sudden when my counselor's office called them. It is why your counselor exists after all.  :hail: