News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

SOUTH BEND, INDIANA! New Meetup Group for U!

Started by tigerlily46514, August 11, 2008, 07:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerlily46514

Hey, Hoosiers!  There is a new local atheist meetup group for you!  Called "Michiana Freedom From Religion Society".         ;)     to adopting a stretch of highway (except that'd incite the locals HERE to trash it, ha ha) to getting together to watch our collections of atheist films together, forming a book-swap, to having our group do some charity or environmental work together, etc etc.

If you live in southern Michigan, northern Indiana, please feel free to locate us and join in! Experience being in a room full of like-minded locals! Google 'meetup', put in 'atheist' and your local zip code, and our new webpage pops up.  (South Bend zip = 46601).  We've only had 1 meetup so far, but what a great evening, i smiled all the way home.  Great bunch of people, nice mix!  Come on and check us out, to share info, support, ideas, laughs, etc.

OUR NEXT MEETUP IS THURSDAY, AUGUST 14TH, 7pm- 8:30 PM, plus we'll probably go out for cocktails afterwards.  :beer:
DOWNTOWN SOUTH BEND!  VISIT OUR WEBPAGE TO GET DIRECTIONS TO MEETUP LOCALE!

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!
~jean
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

Will

That's awesome. I hope you guys have a good time!  :banna:
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

tigerlily46514

Willravel!  HOw are ya!  Still so handsome i see!   :)
Yeah, i hope we have a great turn out, out HERE- i cannot even describe how much local atheists need a respite from the overwhelming religion everywhere!  It is incredible out this way.  At our last meetup, a now-local atheist, who'd lived elsewhere, commented on how different it is out here--how very thick and prevalent the religious atmosphere is here, compared to his old state.  We Hoosier atheists surely do need this type of group to stay sane, maybe even more than other towns or states.

~jean

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

tigerlily46514

SOUTH BEND INDIANA!! Next meetup planned for Thursday, Sept 11th, 2008, (sorry, happens to be date available) in DOWNTOWN SOUTH BEND!  Any local atheists desparate for some respite from all the religion around HERE, please check our link for details! :banna:   Scroll up to first post for more info, or check the link below!

http://atheists.meetup.com/712/

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!
~jean

~jean