Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

Asmodean

...Even just in a generally forward-like direction might be acceptable. Pretty-much anything except crookedly-droopy-like. That would lead to a very disappointing wank, I think. :sadnod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: zorkan on February 16, 2024, 11:43:48 AMBest sport for relaxation is golf.
Before I joined here I posted on a golf forum where any mention of religion and politics was out of bounds.

A stroke and distance penalty, that's harsh.
Golf used to be meditative when I was a boy, lots of walking, do people still walk the course?

Beer and episode of QI, Sandy or that guy, what was his name?
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Anne D.

Walk around the neighborhood, drink beer, cuddle with my cat, doom scroll, lay in bed reading Ian Rankin. Still working my way through the Rebus books bc I keep falling asleep and then having to reread what I read the previous night.

zorkan

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on February 23, 2024, 11:53:28 AMA stroke and distance penalty, that's harsh.
Could be 2 stroke penalty these days. That's even harsher.

QuoteGolf used to be meditative when I was a boy, lots of walking, do people still walk the course?
Of course.

QuoteBeer and episode of QI, Sandy or that guy, what was his name?
Do you mean Stephen Fry? A well known atheist.

zorkan

Quote from: Anne D. on February 24, 2024, 03:17:13 AMWalk around the neighborhood, drink beer, cuddle with my cat, doom scroll, lay in bed reading Ian Rankin. Still working my way through the Rebus books bc I keep falling asleep and then having to reread what I read the previous night.
Have you tried John Parkin's F**k It self-help books?
Must have helped to sell more hammocks.

Tank

Since my minor stroke (and it turns out is was a very minor stroke) and getting my glucose sensor I'm taking to walking a lot more. I'm very lucky to live in a very countryfied suburban area. I can walk to the local country house, get a pot tea at the cafe and then walk back. I've doubled my steps per day in the last month compared to the previous five months. On a sadder note Katie our Pugland dog is on her way out. We're into palliative care now. The vet has said that she won't see another Christmas.  :'(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

zorkan

Walking is the only thing I know which is good for both mental and physical health.
The only price to pay is a decent pair of boots.

Asmodean

I prefer driving. Not quite as beneficial to the bodily whatnots, but for me at least, there is no better way to unwind.

Might listen to music while at it, or podcasts or audiobooks, or just tyre roar and the sounds of the road. Might contemplate the big questions while eating carriageway miles on driver's assists, or have some fun zipping around tight bends and back roads. Is... Nice. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

I had favorite roads that I rode my motorcycle on, and drove my car, too. Really twisty mountain roads. I commuted long distance (last place of work was 47 miles one way, on a very busy freeway) for 15 years. That pretty much took the pleasure out of driving. I'm starting to feel the call of the open road, though. It'll only be by automobile, now. People are just too stupid dangerous for me to consider a motorcycle again, even as much as I enjoyed leaning over and cornering.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Dark Lightning

I view it as "dead or worse". I'd rather be dead than, say, a quadriplegic.

billy rubin

then you make sure you ride faster

set the function, not the mechanism.

Dark Lightning

Pff. That's no guarantee of complete immolation. When the on/off switch flips, I want it latched off, not leaving the lights flickering.