News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Measuring religion

Started by zorkan, November 12, 2023, 12:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zorkan

Mentioned on the news today, a parasite who goes by the name of Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury is criticising the democratically elected government of the UK in proposing a limited number of asylum seekers go to Rwanda.
The number is about 200 which might act as deterrent to the boat people risking their lives crossing the English Channel from France.

According to Welby, this is against the judgement of god.
He lives in  Lambeth Palace in London.
To the best of my knowledge he has never offered to accommodate asylum seekers there, or in his large property in France.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5433831/Archbishop-slammed-second-home-France.html

Asmodean

It won't deter people from crossing to any significant degree, and I suppose a religiously-minded fellow might suggest that them having made it across the border is proof that Deus Vult!

I think one can take a far more pragmatic approach; the UK is surrounded by safe countries. If as an asylum seeker (Assuming you are not like Irish or Dutch or what have you), you come by other means than pretty-much intercontinental airplane, then on an intercontinental airplane right back you go. In cases where origin is unprovable, then it's back across the last border crossed.

I'm not saying make it Ze French problem, buuut... :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

UK border as I have found many times is very strict.
Typical questions when arriving as a white person.
Show your passport.
Where have you been?
What have you been doing abroad?
How long were you there?
Open your bag.
The intense scrutiny continues while any number of non British go straight through.

Boat people bypass immigration and are picked up by lifeboats as soon as they enter British waters.
Most are muslims from Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Albania.
Islamification has changed England, France, Holland, Germany, Italy, Belgium beyond recognition.
Islam is the most toxic religion in the world.
Christian values are now muslim values.
Even a British Home Secretary (Suella Braverman) has described it as an invasion.
Where Napoleon and Hitler failed, UK border is breached just about every day and it appears nothing can be done.

Asmodean

Asylum claims are handled differently than tourism or people returning after having lived abroad, but I absolutely see what you are saying. It's not exclusively a British problem - many countries seem to either lack the political will to enforce their borders, or are led by people who welcome a degree of borderlessness.

The UK is an island nation, so at least there be water to cross. We have a very porous border with Sweden and Finland, so with minimal preparation, whoever so wished could jump in a car in Stockholm and drive all the way to Kirkenes without meeting a customs or border patrol official.

Personally, I wouldn't mind, say, mandatory ID checks at all border crossings. Those could be automated for speed and convenience - even things like license plate recognition for those who live in one country and drive to work in another could be used to ease any arising congestion.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

Point I make is that any asylum seeker brings their damn religion with them.
They are not christians trying to enter a 'christian country'.
At one place I worked the muslims were allowed prayer breaks. Other people weren't.
Friday in the place I live is like being in islamic state and I avoid the town centre.
If you say anything you could be guilty of a hate crime.
In response there are ever increasing numbers of evangelical christians who spout out their message of death.
Engaging with one last year I found that passing people were on my side, but were reluctant to shout this idiot down.
I also noticed an absence of community police when there should have been several in the area.
I asked for his permit to stand on his own platform to inform the public they will burn in hell.
He replied "I don't need one".
It was confirmed by a passer by that he definitely did need a permit.

Things can only get worse.

Asmodean

Quote from: zorkan on January 18, 2024, 03:07:02 PMIf you say anything you could be guilty of a hate crime.
Yeah, those laws will bite the Western societies in the ass one day. It could be argued that they already do. It's easy enough not to say anything in public, as it is easy enough to cover a termite infestation with new particle board and a coat of paint. Given enough time and enough coats of paint, that's what will hold the whole house up.

You can't legislate thought. The least you can do is know about it.

QuoteI also noticed an absence of community police when there should have been several in the area.
They are busy policing the less politically-correct or politically-invisible ralies and protests. You can't very well police a religious nut or some such - that would be hateful! (For the sake of argument, I am assuming that there is something to police there)

If you'll pardon the expression, it's a pussy-ass fucking world we live in. Well, no, not really, but it does try to look that way.

QuoteIt was confirmed by a passer by that he definitely did need a permit.
A member of the public peacefully (even if loudly) expressing his opinion in a public place should not require loicense.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

Street preachers used to be seen and heard often in my city. Over the last 40 or 50 years our tolerance for that kind of noise has steadily diminished. Or it would seem so, I have not seen one of those annoying nut cases for a long time.

I do believe that the street preachers are sincere. They must truly believe that it is their responsibility to deliver the word of god to me and the rest of the unchurched passers by.

I have never seen one of them who was preaching other than the usual christian pablum. If a Muslim dared preach on the street, I suspect that he would be swiftly dispatched by rednecks or republicans.

zorkan

Never heard of this one until today - a church with no official name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_by_Twos

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66449988

The truth is now out about The Truth.

Asmodean

It's lazy marketing, I suspect.

"And moving on to the next item on the agenda. We need to find a name for the church. It has to be something interesting and original and describe what we are and what we believe."
"Ooh! Ooh! I know! How about no name at all? How's that for subversion!"
Here is where somebody should have said, "Perkins, you idiot, sit down and shut up!" But in stead...
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13156867/vicars-uproar-church-england-slavery-reparations.html

Vicars are up in arms, marching like the Onward Christian Soldiers they are because they might have to shell out one billion quid of their hard earned dough to black people who were the victims of slavery.

They merely point out that Africa should be so grateful that Christian missionaries went there to save them from inevitable hellfire and that it is the Africans that should be rewarding the Church of England instead.