News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

A curious contraption.

Started by Tank, October 11, 2023, 11:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

thats a mitchell. i saw two of those in the air together once over a beeyard. very short takeoff distance.

my mother lived under an airforce base during the second war and saw them in the air by the dozens

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

Is that a model though..? It kinda' looks like a model. The Asmo, He builds such like. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

It's either a model or that catapult is placed in the midst of some really dense shrubbery.

billy rubin

dunno whats going on with the nose. most of them had a plexiglas nacelle for the bombadier and the guns

but they made shit tons of different kinds

Asmodean

...It's just that I see model plastic looking stuff posing as vent/intake/nose covers. :smilenod:

Well... Among other things I consider to be tells.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Ah, the link goes to a page of wildlife photography winners. Splendid photos!

Here is an alternative link to the BBC story.

The story also mentions MOLA (Museum of London Archaeology), who have a page on the site.

The image in the OP appears to be computer generated.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on October 11, 2023, 03:23:58 PMAh, the link goes to a page of wildlife photography winners. Splendid photos!

Here is an alternative link to the BBC story.

The story also mentions MOLA (Museum of London Archaeology), who have a page on the site.

The image in the OP appears to be computer generated.

Ooops! I have corrected the link :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Rightfully so. Just for completeness (and because the photos are really good) a link to the page previously there.  :D

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

I once had the dubious honor of riding one of those planes from Andrews Airbase near Washington D.C. to Gainesville Florida.   Its official designation was B-25.

Back in the dark ages, military people could hitch rides on air force planes. I was hitch hiking toward home while on leave. The pilots were merely fulfilling their obligation to log periodic air hours.  It was bitchin' cold in the back of that damned plane and the pilots thought my misery was funny. They left the bomb bay doors open for a long period of time just to have fun with this poor slob.

billy rubin

cool! ive never been inside one