News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

mormon

Started by quizlixx, July 19, 2008, 05:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanker

I know that moronism is made up I thought that South Park had done their usual and over done it but it turns out the the story is crazy just to begin with all they had to do was tell the story and it was funny all on it's own.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

rlrose328

Quote from: "Loffler"Joseph Smith made up Mormonism.

And a HOOT that episode of South Park is, too!  OMG... SO much better than the Scientology episode.

"Joseph Smith was a prophet, DUM DUM DUM DUM..."  I almost fell out of my seat!!!  

And here is a Wiki article about the Temple garments (Mormon Underwear) with a picture.  Funny, but when I first did a search online for a picture of the underwear about 5 years ago, it was nowhere to be found online.  We had neighbors with whom we wanted to do Trading Spaces but she was afraid they crew would paint their leather couch.  I was like, "You have a leather couch?  Don't your legs stick to it in the summer?"  She told me she was Mormon and she didn't wear shorts short enough for that to happen because of her underwear.  I didn't know her well enough to grill her on her undergarments, so I did some research.  It wasn't until just a few years ago that I found photos.

According to LDS sites, they can remove it to bathe, swim or be intimate in marriage.  But sunbathing is right out.  Hence, their ghostly paleness.  :D
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

afreethinker30

I really don't see why someone would want to wear that.Imagine how hot it must be when its summer.

rlrose328

YES!  And according to the Mormon sites (the ones that say WHEN they can take it OFF) also say that women in general wear their "support" garments (i.e., bra?) on TOP of the temple garments.  Yikes!  Can you imagine how hot that would be?  There's also information for Mormon athletes on how to account for their temple garments while wearing the skimpy clothing usually required for the Olympics, like the runners for example.  

Nope... no coffee, no Pepsi, long underwear?  No can do.   :hmm:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

afreethinker30

I couldn't do it.I hate wearing a bra most of the time.No Pepsi?Yikes!!

myleviathan

Quote from: "Tanker"I know that moronism is made up I thought that South Park had done their usual and over done it but it turns out the the story is crazy just to begin with all they had to do was tell the story and it was funny all on it's own.

I think that's true of the majority of theist myths. They're all so funny and random.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

myleviathan

Plus Joseph Smith was freaky looking.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

afreethinker30

That's what happens when first cousins have a baby  :D

myleviathan

Quote from: "afreethinker30"That's what happens when first cousins have a baby  :D  :D  :D

Doesn't he look like he's trying to seduce you?

afreethinker30

Quote from: "myleviathan"
Quote from: "afreethinker30"That's what happens when first cousins have a baby  :D  :D  :crazy: