News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

This is the Beginning of the End

Started by quelo, September 10, 2023, 02:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 13, 2023, 02:18:08 AMThey say "we". Is that the royal we, or are their multiple entities posting under the umbrella of "quelo" And what's with the 13 years, when "quelo" is only registered for 3? It's a tool, in any event.

He previously posted under a different user name. Age has not improved his spiel.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Old Seer

Quote from: billy rubin on September 13, 2023, 02:00:18 AMwas the point of all this to suggest that chtistian end times wrre approaching?
That's what its about, religions are hopped up on thinking the end time is eminent because of what they consider unusual happenings in the world that lead them to believe those things show them the end time is eminent. So, How am I so sure they're wrong. Simple. Jc said "I will send you Elijah before the great day of the lord". I take it that says that the first event is the fellow is supposed to show up. They tend for the most part to overlook that passage and go right into the end time. So far no one that I've heard of has arrived as such so--- the end time can't come about until it's known he's here. It's the same mistake made in the past. And if anyone says he's him he should have an ID of some sort. 
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on September 13, 2023, 04:03:43 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 13, 2023, 02:18:08 AMThey say "we". Is that the royal we, or are their multiple entities posting under the umbrella of "quelo" And what's with the 13 years, when "quelo" is only registered for 3? It's a tool, in any event.

He previously posted under a different user name. Age has not improved his spiel.

Who was that?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Quote from: Tank on September 13, 2023, 07:33:59 AM
Quote from: Recusant on September 13, 2023, 04:03:43 AM

Who was that?

Holubice--he acknowledged as much in one of the posts in this thread.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: billy rubin on September 13, 2023, 02:00:18 AMwas the point of all this to suggest that chtistian end times wrre approaching?
Nah, more that yet another deadbeat-Endtimes is shuffling towards the end of the line at a soup kitchen beyond the last footnote of history.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

well, people have been predicting it for 2000 years, and theyve been wrong every time.  there was a woman in my meeting who predicted the exact day a few years ago. jesus was going to return to her neighborhood in farmington, maine. she was very active and vocal about it, and gathered her family together on the appointed day. but he didnt come, and shes been quiet ever since.

my father in law was a follower of harold camping. he was into numerology and had to keep updating his predictions when they kept failing.

i dont think quelo has specified an exact time, but rather is pointing to prophecies that appear to him to be in fulfillment. he seems quite accurate about current catastrophic events and their environmental and human-associated implications. i agree with him on most of the ones ive read. not on all of the conclusions

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

Quote from: billy rubin on September 14, 2023, 01:03:52 PMjesus was going to return to her neighborhood in farmington, maine. she was very active and vocal about it, and gathered her family together on the appointed day. but he didnt come, and shes been quiet ever since.
Puh-lease! Everyone knows Jeus was an carpenter. What would he be doing in a Farmington?! Now, if they were to rename Boulder, CO to Builder, CO... then Jesus would be there in a jiffy!

Quotei dont think quelo has specified an exact time, but rather is pointing to prophecies that appear to him to be in fulfillment. he seems quite accurate about current catastrophic events and their environmental and human-associated implications. i agree with him on most of the ones ive read. not on all of the conclusions
You can find enough "end-times" bullshit in "any" stretch of history. It's not that the facts are necessarily wrong, it's just that they are meaningless as signifiers of The End(tm) of all The Ends(tm). To put it thusly; recession and Putin have no bearing on whether a gamma ray burst is heading our way at the speed of light.

I even highly doubt that one could classify the next Great Extinction as "End-Times" since that would depend a great deal on what came after it. Now, a heat death of this Universe... That's probably as close to a conclusion as it gets. Of course, one would have to lift one's gaze beyond anthropocentric self-importance to see it that way and it's a pretty useless horizon besides, but at least it's conclusive.

Civilizations... They rise and fall and others rise from their ashes. The fall of Akkadian empire, Rome, Greece, the third Reich, the Soviet Union... None of that stopped the world from ever looking up and forward. Rome fell, sure enough, and yet you can sit at a café in Rome and enjoy a bagel while watching YouTube on a gadget of pure wizardry. My point is; I doubt that an end - an actual end - of humanity will come about through its own efforts. Perhaps the AI, but then beyond the point of sentience... If your child kills you, that may not be on you.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

I've noticed the use of the superfluous first-person plural in a few of the Christian online adventurers who frequent atheist sites. It's one of the similarities between quelo and Mabus/Markuze.

Speculating here, it may be an attempt to bolster their credibility and authority: It's not just "I" who's peddling this dismal twaddle, but "we," where "we" stands in for the supposed worldwide community of Christians as well as their imaginary powerful associates (angels and gods).
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Doesn't look the Mabus persona, as far as I can tell. It's been awhile, though. Mostly he posted really silly, infantile stuff. Holubrance had a different style. It posted at Ravingatheists forum many moons ago. I would check, but the site appears to be down atm.

Old Seer

Quote from: Recusant on September 15, 2023, 01:43:33 AM

I've noticed the use of the superfluous first-person plural in a few of the Christian online adventurers who frequent atheist sites. It's one of the similarities between quelo and Mabus/Markuze.

Speculating here, it may be an attempt to bolster their credibility and authority: It's not just "I" who's peddling this dismal twaddle, but "we," where "we" stands in for the supposed worldwide community of Christians as well as their imaginary powerful associates (angels and gods).
They're convinced it's their place to propagate the word as ordered by the commander.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Asmodean

...Or wes pronouns are just "we/wes" :grin:

Although that usually applies to third-person pronouns only, but then I'm unaware of the finer rules governing self-importance through the imposition of language. There could be room there to replace "I." The Asmo did. His divine Pronouns are The and Asmo. To be used together. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.