News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What do you do with your spare time?

Started by MarcusA, July 25, 2023, 02:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: PantsNotTrousers on September 10, 2023, 05:17:02 AMTook PTO this week, used it to go to the beach on Wed. And to read a novel. And do some writing/Adobe illustrator learning. But mostly just watched old episodes of mythbusters, YouTube videos etc.

PTO? What's that?

I love Mythbusters. Adam Savage is a scream. It's a shame it ended.
What was the novel?

I tend to the science fiction, magical realism fantasy end of the market. Currently wading through Adrian Tchaikovsky space opera 'Children of Memory'. Devoured all the Terry Pratchett discworld novels multiple times. If you know the series I find I have a great deal in common with Sam Vimes of the City Watch.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Trying to finish reading Mrs. Tank fourth chapter of her new book.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on September 10, 2023, 01:22:34 PMTrying to finish reading Mrs. Tank fourth chapter of her new book.

Hurry up 5th chapter is on the way this week!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

PantsNotTrousers

Quote from: Tank on September 10, 2023, 09:39:56 AM
Quote from: PantsNotTrousers on September 10, 2023, 05:17:02 AMTook PTO this week, used it to go to the beach on Wed. And to read a novel. And do some writing/Adobe illustrator learning. But mostly just watched old episodes of mythbusters, YouTube videos etc.

PTO? What's that?

I love Mythbusters. Adam Savage is a scream. It's a shame it ended.
What was the novel?

I tend to the science fiction, magical realism fantasy end of the market. Currently wading through Adrian Tchaikovsky space opera 'Children of Memory'. Devoured all the Terry Pratchett discworld novels multiple times. If you know the series I find I have a great deal in common with Sam Vimes of the City Watch.

PTO is short for paid time off.

The novel is we run the tides by vendela vida.
Well written but the plot is a little lacking.

I keep meaning to read the disc world books but I haven't gotten to them yet.