News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

ai attack home security srtup

Started by billy rubin, April 27, 2024, 05:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

AI-powered home security system strikes back with paintballs and tear gas

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/ai-powered-home-security-system-strikes-back-with-paintballs-tear-gas

years ago john brunner erote a book called the sheep look up, where he predicted widespread social issues stemming from unchecked capitalism and pollution, dangerous manufacgured products, and so on. or maybe it was the shockwave

rider, where he predicted tbe internet, includong computer viruses.

anyway, one of his predictions was a front door that killed unwelcom

e visitors before they could become a tbreat.

the AI version, with paintball and teargas, has just been released. potential problems afe obvious, but it seems that brunner was right again

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

I always thought that a net hanging from the ceiling or on the porch in a nautical theme would be nice. Set them with a trip lever, and the net falls on the problem person(s). Then...the taser.

billy rubin

i had an uncle with a very expensive gun collection. when he went on trips he arranged a setgun pointed at the door, rigged to go off if anybody broke in.

i was young and didnt question things. but nowadays i would ask him what he would do if his house was burning down, and the firemen wouldnt save his gun collection because there was a set gun in there. or if one of them got shot.

he was from texas.

Dark Lightning

Don't know when the was law in effect, or where, but booby traps like that are unlawful just for that reason.

billy rubin

thats the issue with this AI doorbell,isnt it

Dark Lightning

Paintball and tear gas aren't necessarily lethal, though. I do like the idea!