News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hello From Vermont

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, July 04, 2023, 01:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 13, 2023, 10:46:06 AMWe are in Montpelier

And yet we have seen nay a pic of Montplier

Ecurb Noselrub

I will attempt to amend my ways. Sorry.

Ecurb Noselrub

Vermont state capitol building in Montpelier.

Partying with Miss Vermont at the July 4 parade. Happier times before the flood.

A Bernie Sighting!! He showed up at the parade.

The flood. The businesses in downtown Montpelier were heavily damaged and probably won't be up and running again for a long time. Now there is dirt and trash everywhere. Sad.

Icarus

Vermont is beautiful.......well not right now. Damned shame that one can kayak down Main Street.

Lonng time go, I was riding my motorcycle through Vermont, on my way to Canada. Along the way there was one of the many roadside campsites. I will pitch my little tent at this one, it is a pretty place in the north woods. The campsite had a trashcan near the back of the place, about 15 yards away. That night I was sleeping when I was awakened by a noise. I got up to see what was up.  Two big bears were checking out the trash can. I figured the next thing they might do is check out my little tent. I left immediately so that the bears would not be bothered by a dumbass with a motorcycle.   I wont be camping out in Vermont again. The bears can have the woods, my tiny tent, and the  pretty little campsites all to themselves. 

MarcusA

To Vermont vamoosed Ecurb Noselrub.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

You can make a veritable montage of Vermont.

Ecurb Noselrub

Boardwalk near Stowe.

View of mountains and forest near Stowe.

Ecurb Noselrub

Vermont means "green mountain", and it is easy to understand why this is called "The Green Mountain State". It is the greenest place I've ever been, literally and environmentally. They are quite conscious of keeping it clean. That is not helping downtown Montpelier right now, as it is still filled with giant trash piles. But some places are beginning to open up again and volunteers are trying to get rid of the trash.

Yesterday evening we drove up through the Mad River Valley. It was a perfect day, high of 77F, low humidity, sunny skies, very gentle breeze. When we got back from our drive we listened to the community band play a few tunes on the college green, right down the street from us. Days like this do not exist in Texas in the summer. Today would be the closest thing I can imagine to a perfect day temperature-wise.

Ecurb Noselrub

Sunday we visited the Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory in Waterbury. I could not resist.

MarcusA

MarcusA

Vermont seems very American.

Icarus

Marcus, Vermont is an American state but its citizens, in general, do not stubbornly adhere to customs and attitudes of much of the rest of America.  Vermont people are mostly of the laissez-faire sort who do not feel an obligation to question another persons taste in fashion, politics, or religion. At least that was the condition when I last visited the state.

Also, Vermont is a sparsely populated state.

billy rubin

yet in our elitist system of government, they have as many senators as california.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on July 28, 2023, 12:40:16 AMyet in our elitist system of government, they have as many senators as california.

And we have 52 Representatives here in California, Vs Vermont's ONE.

MarcusA

Does everything in America boil down to politics?