News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

those billionaires in that submarine

Started by billy rubin, June 22, 2023, 01:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: billy rubin on June 22, 2023, 02:42:03 PMthe fact tbat we allocate millions of dollars and the attention of nations to the  self-inflicted deaths of five rich capitalists while tossing aside hundreds of less important deaths is  indicative of a deeply unjust and particularly abhorrent aspect of my society.

We tried to make Afghanistan nice and failed
Your society doesn't even look after it's own
There's a dif tween sins of com and omission
We just can't fix it
Shout loud, blame all that aren't fixing it
it, the unfixable, be cleansed, sin shriven

Asmodean

I think much of the issue stems from people assuming that "they" are just like "us." That "they" think, behave and will react like "us."

"They" do not and will not. From the micro-level of an individual to the macro-level of multinational alliances, people have different priorities, sets of values and cost/benefit calculations.

To use your example, maybe according to enough Afghanis to matter, their nation didn't need to be made nice in the first place, and was in stead made worse besides? I wouldn't go there - and so I don't - but that's my judgement. Why should my other-side-of-the-world sensibilities even matter in Afghanistan's internal affairs?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Asmodean on June 23, 2023, 01:57:41 PMI think much of the issue stems from people assuming that "they" are just like "us." That "they" think, behave and will react like "us."

I think much of the issue stems from people be fucking idiots, it was place empires go to die, ah but we can do better.

QuoteA rabbit and a bear were both squatting down, side by side, having a poop in the woods.

The bear turns to the rabbit and says, "Do you ever get poop stuck in your fur?". The rabbit replies, "Nope, not really".

So the bear grabs the rabbit and wipes his butt with it.

The saintly have their saintly thoughts, they see the problem, the fault's with the others
I don't accept the role of the rabbit they use to wipe their ass with.

Does that make sense?
Prob'ly not but I'm going with it anyway.

Asmodean

Yeah, I can go with "people be idiots" too. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

in the meantime, the sub has been found, and no survivors were present. death was instantaneous. paying the bills will take everbody else a lt longer.

i remember a scene from a motion picture that is old now.

but then. almost all the motion pictures that i can remember are old.

good scene nonetheless. death of the villain.

set the function, not the mechanism.