News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Greetings from Colorado

Started by pattylt, June 19, 2023, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Welcome, Patty. Don't let Tank's comment put you off. This isn't a complete loony bin; some of us are mentally stable. I think you will soon discover that I am one of the sane and sensible members here.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: pattylt on June 19, 2023, 03:46:04 PMHello all,

I hope we can have some lively discussions soon!

Hello, wellcome.

I'll start a lively discussion right now.

Err,
Ummm,
Oh!, na.
How about,,, err perhaps not.
Hmmm, I know! Donald has lovely hair, don't you think?

billy rubin

since you are both new, perhaps you have the answer to a question i have from the news?

just what, exactly, is a "honking pudding?"

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 20, 2023, 04:05:45 AMWelcome, Patty. Don't let Tank's comment put you off. This isn't a complete loony bin; some of us are mentally stable. I think you will soon discover that I am one of the sane and sensible members here.
It is known that The Asmo is the sanest and The Asmoest of all Asmos, which makes His Divine Sanity... Well, divine. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Nothing wrong with loonies!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

pattylt

How often do I have to answer questions and letter boxes?  Will I have to do this with each PM?  I know the answers, I just seem to have trouble spelling Antarctica. Ha!

Recusant

Quote from: pattylt on June 20, 2023, 05:30:19 PMHow often do I have to answer questions and letter boxes?  Will I have to do this with each PM?  I know the answers, I just seem to have trouble spelling Antarctica. Ha!

Interesting--I didn't know new members were required to answer the questions three for PMs. If it continues, please say.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

pattylt

Quote from: Recusant on June 20, 2023, 09:50:22 PM
Quote from: pattylt on June 20, 2023, 05:30:19 PMHow often do I have to answer questions and letter boxes?  Will I have to do this with each PM?  I know the answers, I just seem to have trouble spelling Antarctica. Ha!

Interesting--I didn't know new members were required to answer the questions three for PMs. If it continues, please say.

I will, thanks!  So far I've had to do it for initial joining, my second post and my first and third PM.  I did think it was getting to be a bit much... grin...

MarcusA

You're fresh meat. The zombies are after you.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

i never had to do any of that stuff.

or maybe i did?

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Welcome to the forum Pattylyt. 

We have a good time here and laugh it up too.  We are a different lot that does not spend much time damning the Christians or people of other religious persuasions..

You will see that we talk more about cooking, art, photography and a lot of other stuff like motorcycles, music and more. Most of us have some education. We usually take the more liberal view of world affairs but not always.

I do hope that you will jump into the mix and enjoy yourself by participating with people who actually respect one another. We are a rather small group that resembles a widely separated family.  Feel free to disagree with any of us if you want to.   

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on June 21, 2023, 05:26:53 AMWelcome to the forum Pattylyt. 

We have a good time here and laugh it up too.  We are a different lot that does not spend much time damning the Christians or people of other religious persuasions..

You will see that we talk more about cooking, art, photography and a lot of other stuff like motorcycles, music and more. Most of us have some education. We usually take the more liberal view of world affairs but not always.

I do hope that you will jump into the mix and enjoy yourself by participating with people who actually respect one another. We are a rather small group that resembles a widely separated family.  Feel free to disagree with any of us if you want to. 

Well said, Icarus!  :thumbsup:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

pattylt

Thank you for the warm welcome.  I'm a flaming liberal that tries to understand the viewpoints of others, though success is fleeting.  I've been an atheist since my very early 20's.  Since I'm now 70, it's been a long time. I was raised in Orthodox Judaism but not the extreme version like the Hasidic.  Once I walked away, unlike many Jews, I did not remain culturally Jewish.  I became totally secular.  It did take me a few years before I tried pork.  Discovering bacon was amazing!

I hope we all become great friends...

Skepticelt

Quote from: pattylt on June 19, 2023, 03:46:04 PMHello all,

I'm a long time atheist, raised Orthodox Judiasm but left it ALL behind in my early 20's...it took a few years.

I'm now a 70yo grandmother, married 50 years this November.  Hubby is an atheist, too, as are my 2 children and 3 grandchildren.

I hope we can have some lively discussions soon!

Welcome. Not sure I am posting in the correct place, but someone will let me know if I am. PaganPaddy