News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Greetings from Colorado

Started by pattylt, June 19, 2023, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Welcome, Patty. Don't let Tank's comment put you off. This isn't a complete loony bin; some of us are mentally stable. I think you will soon discover that I am one of the sane and sensible members here.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: pattylt on June 19, 2023, 03:46:04 PMHello all,

I hope we can have some lively discussions soon!

Hello, wellcome.

I'll start a lively discussion right now.

Err,
Ummm,
Oh!, na.
How about,,, err perhaps not.
Hmmm, I know! Donald has lovely hair, don't you think?

billy rubin

since you are both new, perhaps you have the answer to a question i have from the news?

just what, exactly, is a "honking pudding?"

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 20, 2023, 04:05:45 AMWelcome, Patty. Don't let Tank's comment put you off. This isn't a complete loony bin; some of us are mentally stable. I think you will soon discover that I am one of the sane and sensible members here.
It is known that The Asmo is the sanest and The Asmoest of all Asmos, which makes His Divine Sanity... Well, divine. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Nothing wrong with loonies!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

pattylt

How often do I have to answer questions and letter boxes?  Will I have to do this with each PM?  I know the answers, I just seem to have trouble spelling Antarctica. Ha!

Recusant

Quote from: pattylt on June 20, 2023, 05:30:19 PMHow often do I have to answer questions and letter boxes?  Will I have to do this with each PM?  I know the answers, I just seem to have trouble spelling Antarctica. Ha!

Interesting--I didn't know new members were required to answer the questions three for PMs. If it continues, please say.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

pattylt

Quote from: Recusant on June 20, 2023, 09:50:22 PM
Quote from: pattylt on June 20, 2023, 05:30:19 PMHow often do I have to answer questions and letter boxes?  Will I have to do this with each PM?  I know the answers, I just seem to have trouble spelling Antarctica. Ha!

Interesting--I didn't know new members were required to answer the questions three for PMs. If it continues, please say.

I will, thanks!  So far I've had to do it for initial joining, my second post and my first and third PM.  I did think it was getting to be a bit much... grin...

MarcusA

You're fresh meat. The zombies are after you.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

i never had to do any of that stuff.

or maybe i did?

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Welcome to the forum Pattylyt. 

We have a good time here and laugh it up too.  We are a different lot that does not spend much time damning the Christians or people of other religious persuasions..

You will see that we talk more about cooking, art, photography and a lot of other stuff like motorcycles, music and more. Most of us have some education. We usually take the more liberal view of world affairs but not always.

I do hope that you will jump into the mix and enjoy yourself by participating with people who actually respect one another. We are a rather small group that resembles a widely separated family.  Feel free to disagree with any of us if you want to.   

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on June 21, 2023, 05:26:53 AMWelcome to the forum Pattylyt. 

We have a good time here and laugh it up too.  We are a different lot that does not spend much time damning the Christians or people of other religious persuasions..

You will see that we talk more about cooking, art, photography and a lot of other stuff like motorcycles, music and more. Most of us have some education. We usually take the more liberal view of world affairs but not always.

I do hope that you will jump into the mix and enjoy yourself by participating with people who actually respect one another. We are a rather small group that resembles a widely separated family.  Feel free to disagree with any of us if you want to. 

Well said, Icarus!  :thumbsup:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

pattylt

Thank you for the warm welcome.  I'm a flaming liberal that tries to understand the viewpoints of others, though success is fleeting.  I've been an atheist since my very early 20's.  Since I'm now 70, it's been a long time. I was raised in Orthodox Judaism but not the extreme version like the Hasidic.  Once I walked away, unlike many Jews, I did not remain culturally Jewish.  I became totally secular.  It did take me a few years before I tried pork.  Discovering bacon was amazing!

I hope we all become great friends...

Skepticelt

Quote from: pattylt on June 19, 2023, 03:46:04 PMHello all,

I'm a long time atheist, raised Orthodox Judiasm but left it ALL behind in my early 20's...it took a few years.

I'm now a 70yo grandmother, married 50 years this November.  Hubby is an atheist, too, as are my 2 children and 3 grandchildren.

I hope we can have some lively discussions soon!

Welcome. Not sure I am posting in the correct place, but someone will let me know if I am. PaganPaddy