News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Books, what is the preferred format now?

Started by The Magic Pudding., November 29, 2022, 01:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on November 30, 2022, 07:39:47 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 29, 2022, 08:13:01 PMHemp Paper May Cost More But Its Environmental Benefits Are Worth It
Could also be used to roll other hemp products into tube shapes in a pinch. :smilenod:

Yes. However on the fun side France has developed a hemp free of psychoactive chemicals specifically for agricultural use. There have been problems with police arresting farmers growing  it and pot heads stealing whole fields!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Well, yeah, but it's the French. :-P

Actually, I kinda' see potential police scepticism if the plants look identical. One could then camouflage some of one among the other. At least, I'm sure people would try.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

I owned a Touchscreen Kindle once. Never again, I'd try to turn the page and it'd skip several pages forward. A simple manual device would do.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

No one

MarcusA

billy rubin

some stuff i read online. some stuff i buy kindles.

other things are so old and esoteric that i read them n crumblnig papper.

https://www.amazon.com/Scientific-Exhaust-Systems-Engineering-Performance/dp/0837603099

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Engineering-Phil-Irving-1973-08-02/dp/B01K3ROFD2

and this

https://www.amazon.com/Thirty-One-Years-Plains-Mountains-Authentic/dp/1143574311

^^^available in kindle. my ancient 19th centrury copy fro my grandfather was crumbling n acid paper, but it didnt matter because i lost it in the floods. but i cn recover it on th enet and may try. it was a racist period piece, but you cannot judge the past by the present, only refuse to honor and repeat it.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

That last one looks particularly interesting.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

Hardware doesn't have the same feel as paper, and a book does look handsome on a shelf. A computer just crunches numbers, a book is just crunchy.

MarcusA

Computers will have to get helluva lot more sophisticated before they replace books.