News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Atheism lives

Started by MarcusA, May 27, 2023, 11:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Life as an atheist is bleak. The atheist is surrounded by ignorance, fear and fraud.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

i am not an atheist. my life is only as bleak as i make it.

what do you want out of life, marcus?

what are you looking for that you cannot supply on your own?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on May 27, 2023, 11:13:00 PMi am not an atheist. my life is only as bleak as i make it.

What I don't want is false hope.

billy rubin

then ignore theism.

live your best life.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

Atheism lives in reality, religion lives in a dream.

No one

And that reality is a nightmare.

MarcusA

Prycejosh1987

Quote from: billy rubin on May 27, 2023, 11:13:00 PMi am not an atheist. my life is only as bleak as i make it.

Marcus is being ignorant, but he makes a good point. As an atheist how is your day fulfilled? Being a Christian, my day is fulfilled with connection to the all powerful, all knowing, and benevolent being. Who, supplies my needs spiritually and emotionally. Without spiritual and emotional value there is no moral code and self improvement technical ability. To my knowledge. What i am saying is we need to see higher and yearn to develop more and become better people, and we can only do this with spiritual insight. Correct me if i am wrong.

billy rubin

hi pryce

i cant say that youre wrong when you are speaking for yourself. but you are certainly wrong when you extend your experience to me. i have no spiritual needs and so i am not missing anything in my life.

why does self development require spiritual insight?

Dark Lightning

All that preaching. The boy just can't help himself.

Recusant

Even of one were to accept the basic premise that "spiritual insight" is some sort of necessity to live a fulfilling life, that insight does not require the Christian god. Nor any god at all for that matter. 
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

he hasnt been back sice 445.
i can wait.