News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Does religion have any redeeming qualities?

Started by MarcusA, May 27, 2023, 04:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

i actually agree.

i have no personal knowledhe of the existence of australia, any more than i have any personal knowledge that the earth is not flat.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

The greatest redeeming quality of religions and other forms of tribes, religious or political, is to be the entity we evolve into.

Remove the tribe and what I call our evolving perfection ends.

I have a TLDR on this.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.
Gnostic Christian Jesus said,  "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.
[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end."

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL

MarcusA

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on June 28, 2023, 07:49:31 PMThe greatest redeeming quality of religions and other forms of tribes, religious or political, is to be the entity we evolve into.

Remove the tribe and what I call our evolving perfection ends.

I have a TLDR on this.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.
Gnostic Christian Jesus said,  "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.
[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end."

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL

You don't need a religion or tribe to be soulful.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Asmodean

...Nor do you need a soul, really, if you think about it.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: MarcusA on June 29, 2023, 07:28:17 AMYou don't need a religion or tribe to be soulful.

Statements without arguments are showing your lack of I Q.

You are proving to be a useless interlocutor.

Best to ignore me, stupid.

Regards
DL

MarcusA

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on June 29, 2023, 04:13:07 PM
Quote from: MarcusA on June 29, 2023, 07:28:17 AMYou don't need a religion or tribe to be soulful.

Regards
DL

Very soulful. lol
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Tank

Regards
DL

You've had a time out already. It appears that you didn't learn from that. 60 days off.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

DL, what sources do you use beside the gospel of thomas?

set the function, not the mechanism.

Johan Abrahams

Quote from: MarcusA on May 27, 2023, 04:54:42 AMI think not, which is not to say that they do not exist. Religion is mere superstition, instead of reason, and suspicion, instead of love, to me.

Sure God Loves the humans and wants to redeem all of them
Banned for spamming and preaching.

Johan Abrahams

Quote from: MarcusA on May 29, 2023, 12:53:57 AMIs religion just good politics?

If your sole object in life is power, it is.

The Life of The Father with His Family.

Johan Abrahams

Johan Abrahams

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on May 31, 2023, 12:27:08 PM
QuoteDoes religion have any redeeming qualities?

Of course.

X is bad, he uses it to justify his evil deeds

Y is good, it helps her going through the vicissitudes.

At least you started positive.

Johan Abrahams

Johan Abrahams

Regards
DL

When we perceive someone as stupid it is not his mistake.  But our perception.

Johan Abrahams