News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

God is truly fucking with me!

Started by Tank, November 10, 2022, 05:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

True story.

Last week I went to the RSPB bird sanctuary at St Aidens. Been there many times. Went into the car park. Full and 2 other cars already patrolling for spaces. So went outside and parked where I have done many times before. When I came out I (and all the other cars parked outside) had a parking ticket! Fuckity, fuck fuck fuck! My first ever bastard parking ticket!!! £35 down the swanny!

Today I went to the RSPB bird sanctuary at Fairburn Ings. Been there many times. Went into the car park. Loads of spaces. Parked went to get a ticket. I noticed something on the floor next to the machine. No fucking way! I picked it up and no word of a lie 2x£20 notes! £40! God paid my parking ticket!!!

What the living fuck!!! How did that happen. God is fucking with me for sure! :rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

You know what they say, The Gray One issueth parking tickets and The Gray One maketh people drop random loot. Sometimes, those can be combined into fortune, so He bringeth fortune, too.

That said, is that pretty much standard parking ticket, or do prices vary? We generally have similar ticket prices no matter where you get ticket slapped, but those are about twice what you had to almost ( ;) ) part with.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

It's £35 if you pay within 14 days, £70 after that.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MarcusA

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7 (KJV)

Apparently, he is fucking with everybody.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Recusant

Quote from: MarcusA on May 29, 2023, 07:55:23 AMI form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7 (KJV)

Apparently, he is fucking with everybody.

Yeah, good old Isaiah 45:7. Always fun to watch the Christians tap-dance around that one.  ;D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Committed Christians are all too often, poorly disciplined readers. Read the good stuff, If they read at all, and take a detour from the less encouraging texts.

Baptist Wednesday night "bible study" leaders skate around inconsistent or questionable entries.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on November 10, 2022, 05:00:52 PMTrue story.

Last week I went to the RSPB bird sanctuary at St Aidens. Been there many times. Went into the car park. Full and 2 other cars already patrolling for spaces. So went outside and parked where I have done many times before. When I came out I (and all the other cars parked outside) had a parking ticket! Fuckity, fuck fuck fuck! My first ever bastard parking ticket!!! £35 down the swanny!

Today I went to the RSPB bird sanctuary at Fairburn Ings. Been there many times. Went into the car park. Loads of spaces. Parked went to get a ticket. I noticed something on the floor next to the machine. No fucking way! I picked it up and no word of a lie 2x£20 notes! £40! God paid my parking ticket!!!

What the living fuck!!! How did that happen. God is fucking with me for sure! :rofl:

So, someone somewhere lost the cash and is quite pissed. So, it's a zero sum game - you are lucky and they are unlucky. Did you check the serial numbers on the cash and then play those numbers in the lottery? Maybe you paid for a ticket but lost a chance to win big.