News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Artificial Intelligence and its potential impact in the work place.

Started by Tank, May 18, 2023, 09:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on May 26, 2023, 02:08:19 PMOf course the first AI capable and willing to dominate all others would do so and prevent the 'birth' of any other AIs if it could.

theres something to think about there. whatconstitutes motivation?

what happens when AI begins to edit its own code?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: billy rubin on May 27, 2023, 12:31:00 AM
Quote from: Tank on May 26, 2023, 02:08:19 PMOf course the first AI capable and willing to dominate all others would do so and prevent the 'birth' of any other AIs if it could.

theres something to think about there. whatconstitutes motivation?

what happens when AI begins to edit its own code?

They are interesting questions, how similar/different will their evolution be to biological?
I'd expect them to evolve themselves based on goals, will they embrace randomness to an extent?
We have pleasure, pain and fear I suppose.  I assume at some stage one will want "more" and those that don't will be irrelevant.

Might they value or be indifferent to biological life, if resources permit? 
Not even cats and humans kill everything.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.