News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

the banana

Started by quizlixx, July 16, 2008, 04:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcm

Quotei'm really trying to see it from his point of view, someone explain this

to this guy living things are not made from the same stuff as the rest of the universe. life can exist in the universe, but it is not a product of the universe.

this guy does give a crap about the details of life. he wants only to believe it is soooooo complex that it has to be magic.

stuff is stuff
and
life is life

stuff is not life
and
life is not made of stuff

that is what i gather.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

Chimera

I think I just worshipped God by eating a banana split.

LOL
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

Loffler

Quote from: "Chimera"I think I just worshipped God by eating a banana split.

Have you learned nothing from this thread?!?! You're supposed to eat it with one hand like a goddamn American the way God intended! Why do you think God put it in a convenient wrapper, with color coding, shaped it for your hand, and pointed it at your face? Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!

Occam

I'm shocked that all of you reject the clear logic of the banana as proof of god.  However, if that isn't good enough for you I shall give you an even more compelling argument.  Have you ever considered the beautiful consistency of a god-wrought world that assures that each hot dog fits beautifully inside a split bun, and even leaves grooves on each side for insertion of mustard and relish?  Who can dispute such an elegant proof of the existence of a supreme being?   :beer:

Occam

Chimera

Quote from: "Loffler"

Have you learned nothing from this thread?!?! You're supposed to eat it with one hand like a goddamn American the way God intended! Why do you think God put it in a convenient wrapper, with color coding, shaped it for your hand, and pointed it at your face? Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!

I have failed my Creator. Surely He shall smite me now!
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

quizlixx

Quote from: "Chimera"
Quote from: "Loffler"

I have failed my Creator. Surely He shall smite me now!

he gonna smite you wif his banana hand.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Jane

If it were REALLY perfect for humans, wouldn't those deadly spiders that hide in them be repulsed by them instead? And wouldn't they grow closer to the ground? And in many different climates.

And...different flavors! How do I start a campaign for different flavors of banana?

jcm

Quote from: "Jane"If it were REALLY perfect for humans, wouldn't those deadly spiders that hide in them be repulsed by them instead? And wouldn't they grow closer to the ground? And in many different climates.

And...different flavors! How do I start a campaign for different flavors of banana?

yeah different flavored bananas is a hell of a lot better idea than banana flavored other stuff...gross. bananas should only be banana flavored.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

Jane

That's because nothing banana-flavoured ever actually tastes like a banana. Kinda like strawberry-flavoured is an agreed-upon flavour (as in, there's consistency across the strawberry-flavoured product spectrum) but they don't actually taste like a STRAWBERRY...same thing for banana-flavoured.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Jane"If it were REALLY perfect for humans, wouldn't those deadly spiders that hide in them be repulsed by them instead? And wouldn't they grow closer to the ground? And in many different climates.

Yum a chocolate banana.They don't grow in different climates because god has only blessed some with his fruit.That sounds dirty  :D