News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Moon landing.

Started by Old Seer, May 11, 2023, 04:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Seriously? This is some weak sauce, but at least in the right board now.
Leaving aside the mistake in names, it's simple enough to find the information. The camera was mounted on a hatch on the lander and deployed after the landing. Disbelieve it if you will.

"How We Saw Armstrong's First Steps" | National Air and Space Museum

QuoteThe Westinghouse camera was stored for flight in the lunar module's Modular Equipment Stowage Assembly (MESA), a compartment near the ladder that Armstrong climbed down to reach the Moon's surface. To activate the camera, he pulled on a handle that in turn released the door to the MESA. Engineers attached the camera upside down to secure it to the door, and tilted at an 11-degree angle because of how the door rested in its final position. Both issues were overcome in retransmission of the signal back on Earth.

[Link to full article.]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

i watched it live from a farmhouse in oklahoma. i dont remember seeing armstrong actually step out on the regolith. he was standing on the ladder or the foot dish and did some talking and if he was filmed as he stepped out onto the surface it wasnt apparent to me

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Old Seer

Quote from: Recusant on May 12, 2023, 06:26:30 PMSeriously? This is some weak sauce, but at least in the right board now.
Leaving aside the mistake in names, it's simple enough to find the information. The camera was mounted on a hatch on the lander and deployed after the landing. Disbelieve it if you will.

"How We Saw Armstrong's First Steps" | National Air and Space Museum

QuoteThe Westinghouse camera was stored for flight in the lunar module's Modular Equipment Stowage Assembly (MESA), a compartment near the ladder that Armstrong climbed down to reach the Moon's surface. To activate the camera, he pulled on a handle that in turn released the door to the MESA. Engineers attached the camera upside down to secure it to the door, and tilted at an 11-degree angle because of how the door rested in its final position. Both issues were overcome in retransmission of the signal back on Earth.

[Link to full article.]
Yes I know. The problem I had back then was the pic or video itself. Something seemed out of place. So I went and had a look on a search of lander pics. Here's what I came up with. The camera is up, right. It's placement is about 10 feet up. The pic of his foot about to be set on the surface is about 2 to 3 feet above the ground. The camera (if I have this correct) would have to have been lowered to ground level to make that near-ground pic. The lower pic is a side view, and that means ---if the camera is overhead how happens a side view.
I'm sure there's a proper answer, but I can't see what it could be. Maybe there was another camera lower down. The objective in mind is---what would others make of this. 
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Recusant

There is a famous still image of a boot-print on the surface of the Moon, but it's not from the video in question.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

MarcusA

Mohammed split the moon in half apparently, either that or someone needed glasses.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

A moon buggy is just a dune buggy
A sigh is just a sigh
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.