News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Moon landing.

Started by Old Seer, May 11, 2023, 04:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Seer

Today reviewing some old thoughts: Some say they didn't land on the moon. I can't see proof one way or another, but this is the first thing that I wondered about/noticed just after the set down of the lander. Who set out the camera to record the first step onto the moon surface. There are possibilities but not convincing enough for me.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Asmodean

I'd have to go do some re-reading, but if memory serves, Aldrin took the photo of his own foot, which you can kinda' see from the way it was taken, then I believe some more "panoramic" shots were taken with the camera on that funny little EV from way before EVs were cool.

Still, it's been literally decades since I've studied them Moon landings of old, so don't take my memory for absolute in this.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Old Seer on May 11, 2023, 04:37:53 AMToday reviewing some old thoughts: Some say they didn't land on the moon. I can't see proof one way or another, but this is the first thing that I wondered about/noticed just after the set down of the lander. Who set out the camera to record the first step onto the moon surface. There are possibilities but not convincing enough for me.

They had a camera on the leg of the lander. It's not fucking difficult to understand that.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Hahaha, you folks think there is a "moon". You'll believe anything.

Old Seer

a
Quote from: Tank on May 11, 2023, 08:59:34 AM
Quote from: Old Seer on May 11, 2023, 04:37:53 AMToday reviewing some old thoughts: Some say they didn't land on the moon. I can't see proof one way or another, but this is the first thing that I wondered about/noticed just after the set down of the lander. Who set out the camera to record the first step onto the moon surface. There are possibilities but not convincing enough for me.

They had a camera on the leg of the lander. It's not fucking difficult to understand that.
Angles and distances doesn't seem correct on some pictures for that. However, I'm not saying they didn't land on the moon.
I'm not a Theist.

Tank

Quote from: Old Seer on May 11, 2023, 02:34:01 PMa
Quote from: Tank on May 11, 2023, 08:59:34 AM

Angles and distances doesn't seem correct on some pictures for that. However, I'm not saying they didn't land on the moon.

A lot of things 'don't look right' on the Moon because it has no atmosphere to ameliorate or cause backscater of the direct light from the sun. This also effects the film and thus photos taken as well. This sort of technical incompetence is the life blood of conspiracy theorists.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

ive known two people who were moon landing skeptics.

one thing i nevrr see discussef is the "why" quesyion.

why on earth fake the moon landing? to one-up the soviets for less money?

is that it?

seems like a lot of bother.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

MarcusA

Shouldn't this thread be in Conspiracy Theory section? Those believe that man did not travel to the moon and reach the surface have obviously not seen or heard of the latest photographs of the lunar surface which clearly show apparently evidence of human activity.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Bluenose

Quote from: billy rubin on May 11, 2023, 05:16:17 PMive known two people who were moon landing skeptics.

one thing i nevrr see discussef is the "why" quesyion.

why on earth fake the moon landing? to one-up the soviets for less money?

is that it?

seems like a lot of bother.

One of the things that IMHO is pretty conclusive that they did in fact go there, is the fact that the Soviets were no doubt monitoring the expedition and would easily have noticed if the radio emissions from the lunar landing did not in fact come from the moon.  There was no love lost between the Soviets and the USA then, at the height of the Cold War, does anyone really think the Soviets would have missed the opportunity to call fake on the US moon mission?
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Old Seer

Quote from: MarcusA on May 12, 2023, 01:01:10 AMShouldn't this thread be in Conspiracy Theory section? Those believe that man did not travel to the moon and reach the surface have obviously not seen or heard of the latest photographs of the lunar surface which clearly show apparently evidence of human activity.
I agree. It should have put in a different thread. 
I'm not a Theist.

Recusant

Quote from: MarcusA on May 12, 2023, 01:01:10 AMShouldn't this thread be in Conspiracy Theory section? Those believe that man did not travel to the moon and reach the surface have obviously not seen or heard of the latest photographs of the lunar surface which clearly show apparently evidence of human activity.

Agreed, and moved to a more suitable board.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Old Seer

Quote from: Old Seer on May 12, 2023, 03:48:11 AM
Actually though, I'm not dealing in a conspiracy theory. There's no way I can establish someone left the lander to set out a camera. The question isn't whether they land on the moon or not.
I'm not a Theist.

MarcusA

Quote from: Old Seer on May 12, 2023, 03:12:11 PM
Actually though, I'm not dealing in a conspiracy theory. There's no way I can establish someone left the lander to set out a camera. The question isn't whether they land on the moon or not.

It sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Old Seer

Quote from: MarcusA on May 12, 2023, 03:52:02 PM
Quote from: Old Seer on May 12, 2023, 03:12:11 PM

It sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.
When I was 14 I wanted to go to the moon. Knowing the particulars of such a venture I can confidently say they landed on the moon, because I studied and learned on how it's done. You missed the point.My first impression when they landed was---exactly as I stated ----someone exited the lander to place the camera and if true that person would have been the first to step on the moon not Aldrin.
I'm not a Theist.