News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Is religion simply a fact of life?

Started by MarcusA, May 08, 2023, 09:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

No one

I thought it was the smile on a dog?

MarcusA

Quote from: No one on May 17, 2023, 08:27:58 AMI thought it was the smile on a dog?

What's so sweet about religion? I believe that humans are fond of seeing things that are not there.

No one

They love to connect invisible dots.

MarcusA

billy rubin

i think we are predisposed to look for causes and patterns. behaviourally its adaptive, because predictability allows us to reach useful conclusions based on previous experience.

the side affect is that we see animals in the clouds, cycles instead of mere repetition, and supernatural causes behind random events.

i think we re hardwired to conclude that gods explain the world.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on May 20, 2023, 12:51:06 PMi think we are predisposed to look for causes and patterns. behaviourally its adaptive, because predictability allows us to reach useful conclusions based on previous experience.

the side affect is that we see animals in the clouds, cycles instead of mere repetition, and supernatural causes behind random events.

i think we re hardwired to conclude that gods explain the world.

So, science doesn't disprove the supernatural, what of it? I'd say that we're hardwired for science.